FAO: Moderator

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: FAO: Moderator

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:33 am

None of us are idiots so take it personally.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Novice » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Well thought out response Dread Archive, I see you've dug deep into the well of knowledge to come up with a coherent response. Also, is the Donald Trump comment, repeated once again, meant to wind me up or were you emphasizing that acronym DDT you've come up with to showcase your metaphorical prowess? I'm pretty easy to wind up actually but that one is getting nothing from me so I'd recommend another course if you have any chance of success. The metaphor is not bad but the execution is mediocre at best. The "duck" part seems added in arbitrarily or for some alliteration effect or perhaps you were referencing the bass player Donald "Duck" Dunn which is even more perplexing but at any rate it was used to create DDT I guess which is an insecticide I'm assume meant to say I have a poisonous view of everyone but myself. Like I said not a bad metaphor, though it's basis in any truth is up for debate, but your execution was rubbish, you can't just throw a word into the mix that has seemingly no relation to the plot to come up with your acronym to make your point...well I suppose you can actually since you did but it's just lazy and you're cutting corners so your final product does not really POP the way it could if it was done with more integrity and more honestly but that would require actual thought and perhaps some deliberation of thought.

Perhaps you have it backwards and I actually think that I'M the idiot because it might be one reason why I keep trying to give thought out responses to people who clearly seem to have little interest in them.
That would make more sense than your conclusion because if I really thought everyone was an idiot, why would I persistently keep bothering...again, unless I'm the real idiot. Makes the most sense.

Ranking Glasses, please lets not lose the politically correct plot....everyone can't NOT be an idiot, I mean there are idiots in the world, hell we have a word created for them, "idiots," surely someone or many ones have to be the people being described by the word "idiot" and surely we won't be so arrogant as to think "sure there are idiots in the world but none of them take residence here" or are you suggesting idiots have been eradicated or gone extinct? And if so, has "idiots" sibling "moron" also been wiped off the face of the earth??
I hope not, if you think about it the words are very considerate in their execution of meaning. They aren't particularly harsh or aggressive and when posed as a question often give both sides a choice to consider or perhaps rethink their position just by the very tone of how it comes out...."are you an idiot?" or "are you a moron?" You see it's inquisitive but also makes your position be known but not FIXED because it suggests that the person asking is thinking you are in idiot or moron, at least for the time being and based on what has been observed but they are then allowing the person being asked the question to explain themselves or make their case to clear up any miscommunication or misunderstanding so that the person asking the question can either confirm his hypothesis or adjust it.

Please don't take such loving words, that get a bad rep, away from our lexicon.

I wasn't very big on Bunny Wailer either but those Solomonic singles Dub Store put out were pretty good I thought and changed my mind.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Simple but so confusing.
Dread Archive

Postby Novice » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Like Dub?
Or non-Jamaican musicians trying to play reggae?
Or a Mozart melody until you actually sit down at the piano and realize....ohhhhhh?

-Me-
Novice

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Simple but so confusing.
Dread Archive

Postby Novice » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Is that your way of saying you prefer CD to vinyl?

-Me-
Novice

Postby yms » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 pm

yms

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Ranking Glasses

Postby skunkride » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:33 pm

skunkride

Postby yms » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm

skunkride wrote:This is how it's done :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAPYIMMbWQ

:idea:

If I had a time machine I would go back to those CBGB Bad Brains shows. Huge fan, shame HR is messed up now.
yms

Postby Novice » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_qWp5SMXuc

If you can't make out what he's saying in the beginning "One simple rule, anyone goes down you pick'em up right." These guys had some of the best shows from an audience perspective, most of the time everyone was very respectful and indeed if you went down you immediately felt a hand pick you right up..great way to get out aggression and still keep it all love.

I was at one of their shows in '95 and this kid loses his shoe or his shoe laces got undone or something in the middle of everything and everyone and I see about 3 or 4 guys/girls lock their arms at the shoulder surrouding the kid so he could get a second to get his shoe back on and then they wen't back to it, unbelievable vibes that night and if you didn't know any better you would have sworn the dancing/slamming at one point was choreographed because that's how in sync everyone seemed to be.

-Me-
Novice

Postby capullo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm

If I had a time machine I would go back to those CBGB Bad Brains shows. Huge fan, shame HR is messed up now.

what has happened to HR?
capullo

Postby Novice » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:16 pm

I don't think it's so much "happened" as it is has been happening, Capulo. I don't really follow very closely but I believe he's had some mental issues in the past and a quick search turned this up https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/ ... -disorder/

-Me-
Novice

Postby jb welda » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 pm

He was a total nut then and it hasn't gotten much better since. never had much respect for BB, that reggae done punk just confused me and both the BB shows I attended I left early. I wanted to hear reggae, not heavy metal with some "Jah" thrown in.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Animist Roots » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:02 pm

About HR i heard, drug problems and mental illness apart, that he needed some kind of cerebral operation.

A matter of taste indeed. IMO one of the best hardcore punk bands ever existed. I also enjoy a lot their reggae songs, like the prophets eye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeY7EeRvN6w There's some special flavour in it.

Real pioneers in the scene along other less known bands like Death, The SS (japan), and Black Flag...

If you enjoy the CBGB live (what a nice combination between the assistants) take a look to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-wgzqTKFiE Daytona Beach, Fl. Playing mostly tunes from I against I album. House of suffering shines in a nice faster version.
Animist Roots

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion