Prince Jazzbo question[s]

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Prince Jazzbo question[s]

Postby Semi-Decent » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:33 pm

The lp Ital Corner: is it true that there are tracks that are on the Black Wax pressing [called Natty Pass Thru] that are NOT on the Clocktower issue? Black Wax lp has 'Hold My Hand' & 'Life Is Gonna Easy'?? Or are these songs just named differently from CT press?

Also, anyone have both issues of this lp? If so, are there major differences in the mixes,,,or anything else that makes them stand apart?

The tune 'Blood Dunza' - anyone know what tv show Perry samples that song from? Love the way he mixed that one ! Also, was there a 45 of this song - really wanting to know if a version side exsists?

Tonks
Semi-Decent

Postby Sufferer's Hi_fi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:11 pm

According to Smokey Room:
"Hold My Hand" is the same track as "Coming on Strong" on Ital Corner
"Life is Gonna Easy" is over Sam Carty's "Life is A Flower" and is not on Ital Corner-instead they put the dub to "Prophet Live" called "Prophet Dub".
http://www.smokeyroom.net/albums/nattypassingthru.htm

I don't have the Black Wax so can't compare it to the Clocktower pressing. But looking at Eternal Thunder it doesn't appear that there is.
http://www.upsetter.net/scratch/disco/index.htm

Hope this helps.

Also I'm wondering if anybody knows if there are any other versions to the riddim for "Weeping, Wailing & Moaning"(one of my all-time favorites) besides "Long Sentence"?

ITES,
PAPA D
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?
Sufferer's Hi_fi

Postby Semi-Decent » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:17 am

Thanks Sufferer - appreciated :wink: --- didn't know that smokeyroom detailed the lp section, have bookmarked that site now :)

Don't know that Sam Carty one - I would like to know/hear multiple versions of a lot of those songs :x :x - Blood Dunza topping the list.

Thanks again...
Semi-Decent

Postby Sufferer's Hi_fi » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:40 pm

These are the originals for some of the tunes:

Ital Corner-"One Step Foward"-Max Romeo This & the Dub on ARKOLOGY
Natty Passing Thru- "Dread Lion"-Upstters On SUPER APE
Prophet Live- "Silent Satta" APablo on EL ROCKERS & "Satta"-Jah Lion on COLOMBIA COLLY
Live Good Today-"I Don't Mind"-Sam Carty
Life Is Gonna Easy- "Life is A Flower"-Sam Carty
Both Sam Carty tunes are available on BLACK ARKIVES
"Weeping & Wailing-"Long Sentence"-Upsetters on DOUBLE SEVEN
"Story Come to Bump"-"Long Long Time" -Winston Heywood This & Dub on BUILD THE ARK

I put it all together on a showcase compilation that makes for nice listening. "I Don't Mind" is one of my all time favorite songs.

PAPA D
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?
Sufferer's Hi_fi

Return to General discussion