Meetings with Famous People

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Meetings with Famous People

Postby Sis. Ali » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:01 pm

Heya folks...hope everyones hunky dory...

In the tradition of the board, started by Mr Reel.....

The followiong seen since I started working on the Tube:

Darcus Howe, at Stockwell Station, having a problem with his ticket through the gates and asking me the way to Brixton...

Claire Short coming through Clapham North station (she lives in a huge gaff round the corner)

Lee Jasper, (Ken Livingstone's race advisor at the GLA), again at Clapham North. He chased away a gang of troublesome kids for me and introduced his son "if he ever gives you any trouble let me know"....(aaah wouldn't that make you cringe as a kid eh ! :lol:

Tony Benn walking along the platform at Bank, on the central Line going West....

and finally....

Chris Evans and friend lolling on some chairs outside a furniture store at Camden Lock..

:D

Love

Sis. Ali

Postby giab » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:36 pm

well, I know who Tony Ben is at least :)
      giab

Postby dots69 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Sis : that wouldnt by chance be the Central 'left' Line you're working out of !!! sorry could'nt resist :wink:

respect
      Dots
      worries outernational dublin
      dots69

Postby Professor Mushtaq » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:36 pm

Darcus out of barrier, ticket today cannot fail
      Lawless Street - The finest in Reggae, Ska & Dub. 2RRR 88.5fm Thursday 4 - 6pm
      Professor Mushtaq

Postby prajna » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:20 pm

...Sis Ali's directions will prevail.
      prajna

Postby Zapatoo_the_Tiger » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:47 pm

Last February on an open day the London College of Fashion with daughter and wife, Rik Mayall sat almost right behind me in the presentation auditorium - he was there with wife and daughter.

Early Friday evening last March, while waiting outside the Hammersmith Ram (formerly the Builders) in King St. for Dave Home, almost fell over Bill Bailey - looked like he was on his way home froma supermarket :)

Last June on Acton Green had a chat with Marcus Downie (of No. 1 Station) at the Green Day fair just before their excellent live set :)

Last July on Kew Green, legendary funsters Ant & Dec seen enjoying a beer with a small group outside the Greyhound pub :)

December 2004 - brushed shoulders with Wendy Richard (Pauline Fowler in Eastenders) while making my way out of John Lewis in Oxford St. :)

:idea: I have it on good authority that all of the above luminaries speak very highly of me :roll: :? :? :shock:
      If it don't turn you on, you oughtta leave it alone!!

See me at: http://www.trojanrecords.co.uk/forum/index.php
      Zapatoo_the_Tiger

Postby Ska Nick » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:05 pm

Was at a Shaka dance a few years back when my friend drew my attention to the man mountain Lenox Lewis who was standing 2 feet behind me with half a dozen minders.
      Ska Nick

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:23 pm

Always makes me laugh that guys like Lennox Lewis need minders! :D

Then again I can understand it, if he chinned a regular punter himself he'd probably kill him....

Respect

Gordon
      Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:24 pm

Do you think anyone famous reads the board?

Apart from Zoki that is. :D

Respect

Gordon
      Anonymous

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:31 pm

Maybe Mick Hucknall.
      'Blessed is the Man who walketh not in the counsel of the Ungodly'
      Ash

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:47 pm

If you're reading this Mick, big big thanks for kickstarting the whole Blood And Fire thing!

Respect

Gordon
      Anonymous

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:58 pm

And please leave the reggae covers to the boys from Brum..
      'Blessed is the Man who walketh not in the counsel of the Ungodly'
      Ash

Postby Sis. Ali » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:05 am

He he lovely fellas !

I just remembered another one....

Last week, coming out of the back of Sainsburys by me in Tooting was Omar of "There's nothing like thiiiiiiiiiis....." fame....(UK Soul artist big in the 90's)

His hair is still a bit mad Ted !

Love

For Giab.....

Claire Short, MP, once in the Labour Cabinet, resigned over the War. (eventually)
      Darcus Howe - prominent civil activist, member of the UK Black Panthers in the 60's, arrested, been there done that..now rigths for the Spectator ? Or one of those kind of publications ? Proud Trini man too....involved with Carnival etc etc. Often on the telly. used to have a show on Channel 4 called "the devils Advocate" had an interesting debate on it one time too, re Rastafari....
      Chris Evans. Ginger haired radio and TV presenter. Famous for losing his job at Virgin radio after a prolonged sickky, when he was continually on the ****...his production companies and TV shows have made him a multi millionaire.

[/img]
      Sis. Ali

Postby giab » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:20 am

thanks Sis
      I sat behind Motorhead on a 747 to Sydney once
      giab

Postby alireggae » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:33 am

Many famous people I have met. I used to work at rehersal studios in London:

Kylie Minoque (Phoarr!), REM, Black Crows, Blah, blah... I also toured Europe with Usher. Also met the PM of NZ since moving here.

... Oh yeah and best of all... InI Oneness and The UK Players kipped at my place when I lived in Perth, Scotland.

Trumpet blowing, big up etc!
      alireggae

Next

Return to General discussion