New Arrivals

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

New Arrivals

Postby MickH » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:18 pm

At last my package from DV arrived this morning....some out of stock items held the order up and unfotunately "Feelin Soul was not in the bag.

However was impressed by the "Good Times" rhythm on the naciamaj label...was also impressed with the "Clockwise rhythm which has influences of the unchained rhythm to my ears on Digital B... Coca Tea is superm with War and Crime on Throw me corn but he pick of the bunch was Jr Gongs' Jamrock over ini kamoze,s world a music rhythm KILLA!
I love Russ D,s mix on the Fleximix Mycal Rose tune and the latest from Wackies is adouvle headed killer with Dtranjah Cole over Drum Song and Horace Andy over the look of love rhythms..

What did,t impress too much was the Clive Hylton tune "Judgement Day" on Black Art...The rhythm is o.k. but the delivery of the vocal is week..AVOID unless you have to bye everything by Scratch.

ALso arrive today a copy of JR Murvins "Tedious" which I have been after for some time on 12" :D
MickH
MickH

Postby giab » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:27 pm

looking forward to my copy of the Disciples Mykal Rose/Flexi mix & the Vibronics/Fleximix remix too
:D
giab

Postby Digiman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:31 pm

for me Mykal Rose/ Disciples 7" is best single from Fleximix

Respect
Digiman

Postby dots69 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:45 pm

likewise Mick feeling those 'Clockwise' cuts, Ram got a couple in awhile back, and the Junior Gong which i picked up @ Dub Vendor over the weekend. Gonna have copies of the Wizkids releases very soon if you're interested, dont think any Dublin shops are doing dem (?)

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby skunkride » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:57 pm

Clive Hylton "Judgement Day" - check the B side for great Scratchy dub...fine tune imho

skunkride

Postby Dadi Digi » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Nice selection there Mick. The Gong is TUFF. Apparantly it is the only track on that kamozi riddim which is a pity.
Dadi Digi

Re: New Arrivals

Postby BMC » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:01 am

MickH wrote:However was impressed by the "Good Times" rhythm on the naciamaj label...was also impressed with the "Clockwise rhythm which has influences of the unchained rhythm to my ears on Digital B... Coca Tea is superm with War and Crime on Throw me corn

Yes, that Good Times riddim is well nice. I've got 6 of the 45's from that set. Stand out track is the one by Bushman imo. GREAT tune. Pressing quality of this set is superb too by the way. I'm actually now playing the Richie Spice on it.

Personally I'm not too impressed by Clockwise. I've got the Anthony B and Warrior King on it. Nice tunes, but nothing really special. Throw Mi Corn is much better imo. The Cocoa is excellent (best on the riddim), the Anthony B is nice (soundboy tune) and the Sanchez and Lukie D are good cuts too.
BMC

Return to General discussion