johnnyclarke.com Album Covers scans/pics HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

johnnyclarke.com Album Covers scans/pics HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:23 pm

Hi, I'm hoping you good people may be able to help me out, I'm currently re-hashing johnnyclarke.com. One of the aspects of the site that I really want to improve are the pictures of cds and Lps on the site. Unfortunately there are many that I don't have in my collection and can't get better quality pictures of.
I have searched the net Hi and Lo for scans i don't have, believe me if I'm asking for it, then I've taken a good hard look to try and find it.
The below Cds and Lps require the better pics. Please note the difference between Lp/cd where some titles you may know appear as both. I need to have a front cover image at at least 241 by 241 pixels.
Ideally though I'd like to have them say three times that size as a good quality Jpeg. Though if
you have a picture I won't care too much what the format is.. Please if you are able to help don't send massive image files as I'm on dial up, no bigger than 500kb each please.
If you have any information to add to these Lps that would also be very useful to the site.
In some cases (namely the Cha Cha Lps listed) the item may not exist, if you have definitive information that they do not, let me know and I can finally delete these from my records.

Here are the Lps/Cds that need pictures, you can use the detials to cross reference against your item.
Please ( I know it's a lot to ask) double check that you are sending me a picture of the item listed and no other item, this will REALLY help me and the site maintain a high lvevel of accurate information and save me a good deal of time checking detials.

Finally THANK YOU if you can help out, I'll make sure you get a big up on the Roll Call page..

you can mail any details/images/enquiries to mike@johnnyclarke.com / mikemurphy@btopenworld.com / bigmikeydread@hotmail.com or post themhere and I can copy them.

Cheers,

bmd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2O MASSIVE HITS

TRACKLIST - None shall escape \ Enter into his gates \ Move out a Babylon \ Bend down low \ I man come again \ Take heed \ Declaration of rights \ Hold on \ Blood dunza \ Play fool fe get wise \ Roots natty roots \ Simmer down \ Ride on girl \ King of the arena \ Peace in the ghetto \ Dread a dread \ Going to the ball \ Satisfaction \ Nobody's business \ Nice time

FORMAT - CD

LABEL - RHINO

MATRICES - RN7020
---------------------------------------------------------
A HISTORY OF JOHNNY CLARKE

TRACKLIST - UNKNOWN

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - MICRON

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - BUNNY LEE
----------------------------------------------------------

THE BUNNY LEE YEARS

TRACKLIST - None Shall Escape The judgement / Enter His Gate With Praise / Move Out A Babylon / Rock With ME Baby / Ride On Girl / Left With A Broken Heart / Satisfaction / Blood Dunza / No Woman No Cry / Bend Down Low / Simmer Down / Nice Time / Love Me Forever / Hold On / King In The Arena / True Believer / Nobody's Business / Soul and Inspiration / Close To Me / If You Should Lose Me / Since I Met You Baby / Massachusettes

FORMAT - CD

LABEL - JETS STAR

MATRICES - WPCRCD3071
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(JOHNNY CLARKE) DISCO DUB

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Rockers Under Manners \ My Woman Love \ I've Got The Right \ Zipa De Do Da \ Dread Locks Don't Fight \ Honour Thy Mother and Father
Side 2 Manasable Dub \ My Womans Dub \ The Right Dub \ A Zipping Dub \ A Fighting Dub \ A Loveable Dub

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - ATTACK

MATRICES - DSR2885

PRODUCER - BUNNY LEE / KING TUBBY

YEAR OF RELEASE - UNKNOWN

RECORDING STUDIO - VARIOUS

ENGINEER/S - KING TUBBY

ADDITIONAL NOTES - THIS JAMAICAN PRESSING IS ALMOST CERTAINLY EXACTLY THE SAME AS 'SUPER STAR ROOTS DISCO DUB' A WEED BEAT LP. THE ABOVE LP CAME IN A PLAIN COVER, AND MAY BE A BOOTLEG OR RELEASED BY BUNNY LEE AND NOT THE DYNAMIC SOUNDS OWNED WEED BEAT LABEL. Note that the last track side A. is different to that appearing on 'SUPER STAR ROOTS DISCO DUB'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWN IN A BABYLON

TRACKLIST - UNKNOWN

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - CHA CHA

MATRICES - CHALP 0??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIRL I LOVE YOU

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Dread Natty Congo / Girl I Love You / Come Make We Love Up / Yes My Skin Is Black / I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Side 2 Come Have A Nice Time / I'll Be Lonely / Love Up Your Brothers And Sisters / Remember Me / Let's Go To The Beach

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - JUSTICE

MATRICES - JUS LP 06
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIRL ME LOVE

TRACKLIST - UNKNOWN

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - CHA CHA

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - UNKNOWN

YEAR OF RELEASE - 2002
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GIVE THANKS

TRACKLIST - When I Fall In Love / Repatriation / Reggae Music / Give Thanks And Praise / Come Back To Me / It Dread + DUBS OF THE TRACKS

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - ARIWA

MATRICES - ARILP 022

PRODUCER - MAD PROFFESOR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I MAN COME AGAIN

TRACKLIST - Side 1 I Man Come Again / Bend Down Low / My Chatter Box / Take Heed / The Wicked A Fight
Side 2 Judgement Is Coming / Get In The Groove / Let's Make It Up / Do You Love Me / Don't Want To Be No Rude Boy

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - BLACK MUSIC

MATRICES - BMLP 805

PRODUCER - BUNNY LEE

KING IN THE ARENA

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Peace And Love In The Ghetto / Jah Jah Knows / King In The Arena / Holy Children Side 2 Ride On Girl / The Greatest Love / It's The Running Of Time / Tell Me Why

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - THIRD WORLD

MATRICES - TWS 932

PRODUCER - BUNNY LEE

YEAR OF RELEASE - 1978

LOVE ME FOREVER

TRACKLIST - UNKNOWN

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - THIRD WORLD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUT OF THE PAST

TRACKLIST - Known Tracks Include \ We A Africa \ Sattamassagana \ Ride On Girl

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - WORLD ENTERPRISES

MATRICES - 30263026

PRODUCER - BUNNY LEE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

RASTA NUH FEAR

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Rasta nuh fear \ None shall escape \ Be strong \ By my side
Side 2 War on ya \ As far as I can see \ Tears on my pillow \ Solomon

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - RASTAMAN

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - PRINCE JAZZBO / EXEC. PRODUCER - LINVAL CARTER
-----------------------------------------------------------

REGGAE ARCHIVES

TRACKLIST - Rosie \ Dub Mix\ The Winner \ Dub Mix \ You Better Try \ Give Me Love \ Rude Boy \ Let's Go a Party \ We Wanna Be Free \ We Gonna Fight \ Reggae Music \ You're All I Need \ Repatriate \ Give Thanks and Praise \ I Don't Want

FORMAT - CD

LABEL - UNKNOWN

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - JOHNNY CLARKE / ANTONIO GILBERT
--------------------------------------------------------------

REGGAE PARTY

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Bring It On Home / Dance / Moving On To Zion / Want It Want It / Give Thanks
Side 2 Look At Me Girl / You've Caught Me Baby / Don't Come Back / Praise The Name Of Jah / Can I Change Your Mind

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - VISTA SOUNDS

MATRICES - STLP 1020

ROCK WITH ME

TRACKLIST - Need Your Love / Sweet Reggae Music / My Inspiration / Rock With Me / Sound From Jamdown / Strickly Reggae / Mine What You Do / Age Is Growing / What A Feeling / Keep On Running / Give Me The Right / Girl Of My Dreams / Need Your Love (Dub Out Mix).

FORMAT - CD

LABEL - JAMAICA AUTHENTIC

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - NINEY

YEAR OF RELEASE - 1995
---------------------------------------------------------------

ROOTS IN A GREENWICH FARM

TRACKLIST - Johnny Clarke - Blood Dunza / Just Call Me African Roots / Declaration Of Rights / Play Fool Fe Get Wise / Crazy Baldhead /
Barry Brown / Enter The Kingdom Of Zion / Big Big Pollution / Let's Go To The Blues / Step It Up Youthman / Natty Roots Man / Lead Us Jah Jah / Hold On Johnny Clarke / Nobody's Business / Ten To One / Legalise It.

FORMAT - CD

LABEL - UNKNOWN

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - UNKNOWN

YEAR OF RELEASE - 2002

ROOTS MUSIC

TRACKLIST - Move Out Of Babylon / Rock With Me Baby / Don't Want to Be a Rude Boy / Tide Is High / There Will Be No Hiding Places / Stop Them Jah / I'm the One Who Loves You / My Darling / Left With a Broken Heart / If You Should Lose Me / True Believer in Love / Jah Jah In Deh

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - JA CLASSICS

MATRICES - UNKNOWN

PRODUCER - BUNNY LEE

YEAR OF RELEASE - 1995

SHOW CASE

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Again/Version / Loving Rock/Version / Wide Awake In Dream/Version / Disgraceful/Version
Side 2 Oh Girl / Doing My Own Thing / You Caught Me / Disgraceful Woman

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - PARADISE \ THIRD WORLD

MATRICES - PARADISE \ PDLP 008 \ THIRD WORLD 008

(JOHNNY CLARKE) SINGS HITS FROM STUDIO ONE

TRACKLIST - Soul And Inspiration / If It Don't Work Out / Let Him Try / Declaration Of Rights / Let Them Say / Love Me Forever / Going To A Ball / Satisfaction / Creation Rebel / On The Beach / Put It On / Ten To One / I Love You Madly / Midnight Cowboy / Riding For A Fall / Walk The Streets / I'm Still In Love

FORMAT - CD

LABEL - RHINO

MATRICES - RN7080

SLY AND ROBBIE PRESENT THE BEST OF JOHNNY CLARKE

TRACKLIST - Side 1 Ride On Girl \ We A Africa \ Love Me Forever \ Going To A Ball \ Play Play Girl
Side 2 I'll Never Fall In Love Again \ Its A Disgrace \ Dread Rastafari \ Holy Children \ Nobodys Business \ Ten To One

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - VISTA SOUND

MATRICES - STLP 1033

THINK ABOUT IT

TRACKLIST - Side 1 You Make Me Feel So Happy \ Think About It \ Life Is Not Easy \ Good Feelings \ Baby Don't Go
Side 2 Rock Sweet Music \ I Wanna Be loved \ I Am Ready \ It's Swinging My Love \ Darling I Need Your Loving

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - SUPER POWER

MATRICES - SPLP 7

PRODUCER - PRINCE JAMMY, ARRANGED BY STEELIE AND CLEEVIE

UP PARK CAMP

TRACKLIST - UNKNOWN

FORMAT - LP

LABEL - JUSTICE

MATRICES - JUS LP01

A BIG BIG BIGMIKEYDREAD thankyou... in advance...
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:25 pm

p.s. If one of the site admin chaps sees this post would it please be possible to turn it into a Sticky like the top two posts to get maximum replies? it only needs to be up for a short'ish while..??

Cheers if you're able to do that for me...

m.
Anonymous

Postby Semi-Decent » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:04 pm

Bmd - If you can wait until Thurs or Friday, I can digi photograph the following LP covers for you (unless you get them from someone/somewhere else sooner):

-Girl I Love You

-Rasta Nuh Fear

-Showcase

-I Man Come Again

Also, do you want 'Super Star Roots Disco Dub' photographed? My copy is signed by Johnnie Clarke - he wrote: "Johnny Clarke Love Rasta" on it?
Not sure if this is the one you want....

Just send me one of those private message thingies on Thursday if you're still in need of these covers...
Semi-Decent

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:14 pm

That would be very decent of you Semi Decent,... perhaps we should change your name to 'jolly Decent' :-)

I think people here will see your post and avoid sending stuff that they see will already come my way, of course I don't mind getting stuff twice, as long as i get my greasy mits on it !!

I have Super Star Roots Disco Dub already, but you're a bit confused probably becuase the one mentioned here is not the Weed Beat one, but one on Attack that came apparently in a plain sleeve, apart from this possibly not being the case, i was hoping someone might offer to do a plain cover pic showing he different label. Iif any of that makes sense... phew)

The simple and short answer is YES PLEASE...

:-)

mikey.
Anonymous

Postby Semi-Decent » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:01 pm

BMD - Yes, always happy to help out someone who's trying to promote-up Rastaman (type) artists - I have lotz of respect for Johnnie Clarke's character...always seems like a pretty humble guy.

Yeah, the only reason I posted this here vs an email is I didn't want to drag everything out, shoot the covers and find out that someone got them to you already. Hope I didn't mess anything up.

Still - I promise :!: you that I will send you pics of the LP covers mentioned.

So hear this = Two different photos of these LPs is a great idea too - that way you can pick the best one...someone might out shoot me...

Haffi say though - a good friend has set me up to take decent+++ :wink: digi pictures of LP covers. The boy is a genius...I just follow the instructions.

Re: Disco Dub - I follow you now - never knew there was a reissue of this.
(How can someone reissue this lp without a cover - that's a crime in itself.)

Catch you later...
Semi-Decent

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:38 pm

just posting to keep this up the top, in case people havn't seen it... admin,,, can you help ?
Anonymous

Postby Varese » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:34 pm

BMD- sent you an email of the Bunny Lee cover; hope its good enough.
**** album IMO- good tunes, but mastered by a deaf gibbon...

V[/img]
Varese

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:07 pm

Tah V / S - did you get my mail back... dunno .Pict format and neiter do my pc, is it an Apple format?

hm....
Anonymous

Return to General discussion