comparing Burning Spear on SJ and Heartbeat, exclusive songs

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

comparing Burning Spear on SJ and Heartbeat, exclusive songs

Postby David » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:40 am

I'm I right if the following tracks are only included on one of the releases and not on both as the rest of the tracks?

Pick Up The Pieces;Weeping And Wailing (stereo mix); He Prayed....are exclusivly on Heartbeat

Joe Frazier; Journey....are only on the Soul-Jazz-one
David

Postby Pluto » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:49 pm

That's right, but "Joe Frazier" & "He Prayed" are actually the same song / different mix. Check this thread for more info:

http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=11
Pluto

Postby David » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:10 am

thanks pluto, so I guess its defenitly not worthwile getting both of them. I bought the SJ one and somehow have the bad feeling that the Heartbeat release would be greater.
David

Postby BMC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:13 am

I haven't bought any of them yet, but I'm quite sure I'm going to get the Heartbeat vinyl addition with two extra tracks! Just makes the difference for me.
BMC

Postby Pluto » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:07 pm

David wrote:thanks pluto, so I guess its defenitly not worthwile getting both of them. I bought the SJ one and somehow have the bad feeling that the Heartbeat release would be greater.

Well, according to Juha (on the thread above) the SJ edition has superior sound quality. I've got the Heartbeat edition and I really like the fact that lyrics to all songs are included.
Pluto

Return to General discussion