Who are the topa top euro reggae artist right now?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Who are the topa top euro reggae artist right now?

Postby NannyMaroon » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:04 pm

Ive been slowy getting into more euro reggae artist and sounds..iration,aba shanti, vibronics, jah tubbys,etc and singers, kenny knots, tena, dixie peach, etc. I really have no clue who is big over there, the most rated them kinda things.Ive only know artist who I hear on the soundtapes/cds I have. Does anyone know of message boards dealing only with euro reggae artist and sounds? Also, anyone here collect and or trade sound tapes/cds? Give I a link.
NannyMaroon

Postby Rise Up Crew » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:17 pm

If by top a top you mean the most played in sessions, i would say Gentleman ? :?:
Rise Up Crew

Postby MickH » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Rootswise i would have to say Sandeeno is the best artist operating in the UK and kenny Knotts is my fave chatter.
MickH
MickH

Postby Varese » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:59 pm

Dunno-
depends if you include the UK in your definition of euro as well!
In france/germany/switzerland/poland/etc, I'd say gentleman or seeed as the most played out, but you rarely hear either in the UK...
V
Varese

Postby NannyMaroon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:31 pm

Yes the whole of europe and I guesss I should say in the steppers,roots/dub style and not outernational artist like gentleman is, he is known in all reggae circles, for the most part. Bascially steppers get know play in amerikka and even less in JA.
NannyMaroon

Postby dots69 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:13 pm

I'll go with Micks choice for singer as Sandeeno and swap Kenny Knots for Murry Man. Gentleman (and Seed for that matter) are a little too cliched lyricswise imho.

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Return to General discussion