best Trojan vinyl releases 2004

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

best Trojan vinyl releases 2004

Postby David » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:29 am

hey, I think that Trojan did a great step forward since under the ownership of Sanctuary, on the other side I didnt buy too much of their products yet, as they are often a bit strange (like the Loch Ness stuff or all those comps by somehow famous people). I bought quite some of their output via the Earmark label.....but beside that, which VINYL relaeses do you think I should be getting (I`m generally into al forms of JA music)....
David

Postby Jackie Pablo » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:04 am

Trojan have put out a wonderful run of revive 7" singles on their 'Selecta's Choice' limited edition series, all very nicely presented.

Same comments apply to most, if not all, their 10" limited edition dub plates, as well as some very excellent 12" discos.

I'm not so sure about their LP output as they concentrate more on the CD.

Check out their catalogue for full listings.
Jackie Pablo

Postby David » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:06 am

thanks, yes, I know about the 10er and 12er series, I've got quite some of them, I was rather wondering about LPs, but didnt say that clear enough in my post.
David

Postby freewheeling frankie » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:38 pm

Well David, you can't go far wrong with the revamped version of Rebel Music and the early dancehall comp Haul & Pull Up Selector. Both immaculately chosen selections by Dave Hendley (also responsible for most of the 10"/7") and very decent pressings too. There don't seem to have been so many good LPs among their recent releases though - those two are quite old.
freewheeling frankie

Return to General discussion