Where do you see Sizzla in 10 years?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Where do you see Sizzla in 10 years?

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:25 pm

Just pulled out 'Ghetto Revolution' for an enjoyable listen,
gotta love all the falsetto & 'Grover' voices and an album that sounds like lyrics were written and performed in 1/2 a day!
For someone capable of such absolute stone KILLLLLLAHS - how did this happen...doesn't anyone dare say anything?
FWIW - from a reliable source - apparently this all does reflect the attitude of the PRODUCERS..
Either that or a secret love for Scandinavian metal vocal stylings
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Anonymous » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:28 pm

I hope I'm wrong but in 10 years time I think Sizzla will another of those reggae acts that left us too soon.........

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby jb welda » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:32 pm

i think so too gordon, my money is on a motorcycle wreck. or a shootout with his neighbors.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:34 pm

Judging by that recent fussing & fighting going on @ Judgement Yard - its well possible..(although that seemed to calm down after the apparent arson attack)

hope not though..still there must be some gun toting maniacs roaming around bearing a grudge against the Sizz...
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Semi-Decent » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:34 pm

Semi-Decent

Postby Semi-Decent » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:55 pm

Actually, instead of just supplying a smart-ass answer, I should at least say this about him = I think I would like Sizzla a lot better, and buy more of his tunes, if he stayed in the range of his song "Holding Firm" (Star Trail production)...

Now maybe it's the riddim on 'Holding Firm' that is so good - but still, I think that Sizzla was/is at a better level when he avoids the super duper grumble sound.

As far as the bobo business goes, well... that's a whole nuddah story.
Semi-Decent

Postby Semi-Decent » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:56 pm

Actually, instead of just supplying a smart-ass answer, I should at least say this about him = I think I would like Sizzla a lot better, and buy more of his tunes, if he stayed in the range of his song "Holding Firm" (Star Trail production)...

Now maybe it's the riddim on 'Holding Firm' that is so good - but still, I think that Sizzla was/is at a better level when he avoids the super duper grumble sound.

As far as the bobo business goes, well... that's a whole nuddah story.
Semi-Decent

Postby BMC » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Personally I don't think that'll happen, I don't think Sizzla has more chance for that than any other, but maybe that's more hoping.

Where do I see Sizzla in 10 years? I think he will continue to release crap albums for another year or so, then releases another KILLER album like Black Woman & Child or Da Real thing and then goes on releasing crap albums again and surviving on his then re-won reputation for the main crowd and proofing his consistent fans why they are his fans. This is a 'to-be-repeated' scenario. In 10 years time, he'll be conscidered a veteran and legend in recent reggae hsitory.

Btw. Many people seem to think that nobody enjoys the recent Sizzla and that he looses most his fans. This is not true though, maybe we don't here, but he still has an enormous fan-base that conscider him to be one of the if not the best in the business, what includes his later albums. The guy is incredibly popular and personally I think he will remain so for quite some time, especially if he keeps on releasing the occassional killer tune like his take on the Drop Leaf riddim.
BMC

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:21 pm

See thats the thing - I guess people really are buying the stuff, but I don't get it..
I was playing this CD & my better 1/2 was looking dumfounded like 'you've gotta be kidding me!'
Chocolate Soldier

Postby KING RATHID » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:49 pm

When Sizzla dropped DA REAL THING album I thought well **** me thats has to go down in History as one of the best reggae albums ever! Every thing from then on was absolute bollox up untill his tune recently on the HE SPEAKS riddim on Free Willy productions. "Aint gonna see us fall!" Wicked tune!. One of the best of last year in my opinion.
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby BMC » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:28 pm

BMC

Postby informer » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:13 am

i prefer RIZZLA.
'the one who cleans the s.h.i.t must remember it' (Lee Perry)
informer

Postby ephteeay » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:32 am

this is where i see him in 10 years:

www.sizzler.com
ephteeay

Postby rez » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:30 am

Wel....Sizzla's been out almost 10 years no as a recording artist and in that time he must have recorded 50+ killer tunes....

Now thats probably out of the guts of a thousand or more songs but still it's not something to knock on the head...

I hope in 10 years he'll have released another thousand tunes and if 50 of them are as good I'll be more than happy.
rez

Return to General discussion