Bob Marley's Dad

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Bob Marley's Dad

Postby Ringo » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:24 pm

"The story of Bob Marley's father being a captain is Chris Blackwell's story, it was a marketing strategy Chris used for Bob. Marley's father was a little red man who used to be a ticket collector at Ambassador Theatre in Trench Town."
Bunny Lee, discussing racism in the reggae music business in Mandingo magazine, November 2004.
Mandingo's magazine is full of great interviews and peppered with extraordinary outbursts. Well worth a read, Dub Vendor has it.
Ringo

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:20 pm

what bs...if that is true then they sure fooled marleys mother who says herself that his father was the white captain (whatever) dude.

next they will be printing that bullroar from winston grennan (rip) about bob "hiding from HIM" as the reason he went to delaware or wherever the car plant was.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Ras Berry » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:50 pm

Is that "hiding from HIM" as in HIM, or him, as in Grennan?

:?
Ras Berry

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:07 pm

as in hiding from his imperial majesty when he visited jamaica. i couldnt believe what i was reading.

one love

jah bill
jb welda

Postby Anonymous » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:02 pm

Great Stuff, I live for this sort of misinformation, all we collectors of Reggae music do so I'm told.

Anonymous

Return to General discussion