idea for posts about artist info, albums, riddims, etc.

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

What do you think of this idea?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:33 am

I think its a good idea
63%
I think its a bad idea
13%
I think its impossible to do
25%
what's the point?
No votes

Total votes : 8

idea for posts about artist info, albums, riddims, etc.

Postby benja » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:33 am

I've got another suggestion for the users of this board...

I've found that many times in the past on the old board, I would be looking for information about a certain artist, album, studio or riddim. With the variety of breadth of knowledge that is displayed on this board, I think it would be nice to have some sort of way to avoid having 300 Keith Hudson posts asking the same questions, while still making that info available.

I think it would be an interesting habit to start threads (when the subject comes up) about a certain artist or album and maybe eventually put those type of threads in their own section of the forum. To keep them clear (I know this would be difficult to enforce or agree upon) we could do something like...

artist > Keith Hudson

and have that as a go to place for information on that artist.

or

album > Forward the Bass (Randy's All Stars)

label > Well Charged

studio > Black Ark

group > Chantells

riddim > Real Rock

etc. etc.

This would give you a chance to search for Randy's for instance and see a variety of questions and answers focused around that topic. If you wanted to know about things on the Pama label, you could check and see if there's a Pama thread and if not, start one...
http://www.algoriddim.org
benja

Postby Natty Rajah » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:16 pm

that's a good idea, but i dunno how feasible it is...

however i think that the vbulletin feature of threads going back up to the top after they have been posted on again will ensure that there is only one thread on each topic, and that (for example) people with Keith Hudson queries will go to the existing Keith Hudson thread before posting a new one... this way the same query won't have to be posted more times because the one from last time will still be "visible" rather than buried 100 pages down on the board...

IIRC you can also do a forum search on vbulletin which allows you to go direct to any threads containing the words you have entered and post on them, thus bringing them back to the top...

if you go to the Trojan board or (for example) the board i go to for sci-fi and comics at http://forums.comicbookresources.com you will see examples of this...
Natty Rajah

Postby Curly Locks » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:08 pm

It's very feasible, as Moderator I can, Bob can or site Admin can create a new section for the entire Board, ie, Pollitical Disscussion / Humour / Label Scans... the possibilities are endless, and there lies the problem. We could do it now but many would not want this, so we'll let it settle, watch from a distance and see what people want and go from there. As you can see from my post here.... Big Baffing Brother is watching. :) and taking all your wishes into consideration.
Curly Locks

Postby benja » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:19 pm

I see the deep logic of your reply!

Hmm, guess I'll have to find something reggae related to talk about and set a precedent...

By the way, when I tried to post this earlier I got the following error message...

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.27 Server at bloodandfire.co.uk Port 8080
Last edited by benja on Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benja

Postby giab » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:21 pm

yeah, I'm getting those messages constantly :cry:
so, how exactly do we vote ?
giab

Postby benja » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:50 pm

click on the circle next to the option you like and hit submit
benja

Postby Anonymous » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:09 pm

Please don't divvy the board into subsections. Please.
Anonymous

Return to General discussion