Hudson Affair, very short songs?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Hudson Affair, very short songs?

Postby David » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:33 am

Probably it has been discussed before, I remember a discussion about Trojan cutting songs te be able to put more on a compilation. I bought the Hudson Affair CD yesterday. Only listened to it in the background yet, but it seemed to me that the songs are extremly short, did they cut them as well? I would be somehow surprised, as I dont think David Hendley would do a thing such as that.......by the way, the liner notes are great, the first one that claims that a lot of the storys told in liner notes might actualy just be stupid gossip........

David
David

Postby informer » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:01 am

i have this compilation, which has some great tunes and i don't have the feeling that the songs are shortened.

which track(s) do you mean ?
'the one who cleans the s.h.i.t must remember it' (Lee Perry)
informer

Postby David » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:39 am

hi informer, I didntz yet listen to it very carefully, but yesterday I just had thge impression that the songs a rereally short, even for reggae, there wont be a lot of songs which are any longer than 2.30 minutes......I hope I found more time tomorrow

actualy, informer, do you work in the music business? I always had this impression....
David

Postby informer » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:57 am

i wish i would work in the music biz because my job is not very interesting.
strictly commercial business/programming. i hate it to the max. boring.

don't know how people can be satisfied working with numbers only.

in my next life i surely won't work in an office surrounded by bean counters, that's for sure.
'the one who cleans the s.h.i.t must remember it' (Lee Perry)
informer

Postby mghifi » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:55 pm

I just got this compilation last weekend and i don't think anything has been shortened. I have all of his albums either on vinyl or on cd-r's and it wasn't until Too Expensive that he started making tracks longer than 2-3 minutes. If you check his early albums through Torch Of Freedom, many of the tracks are about 2 minutes long with some being less.
mghifi

Hudson Affair - short tracks

Postby Korva » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:58 am

Hi

none of the tracks are shortened. Maybe only by seconds. Checked them against CDR off original vinyl and all ok. In fact the mastering is superb. Really cleaned that scratchy vinyl up well and brought out full audio frequencies. Trojan did good on this one.
Korva

Postby David » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:59 am

well then, thats good to know. would be a shame if a long awaited compilation like this would have been messed up. thanks, david
David

Postby Ekki » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:21 am

Everything is fine with this release!
Big up Dave Hendley :!:

"The Hudson Affair" is my reissue of the year :D
Ekki

Return to General discussion