Samory I vinyl

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Samory I vinyl

Postby Reggie Love » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi Guillaume,

There is an insert sheet which comes wtih the album detailing the credits. Under all the tracks it says mixed by Rohan Dwyer. For Rasta Nuh Gangsta it also says 'premixed by Rory Stone Love'.
The insert appears to refer to the original cd/digital version of the album because it includes 'There is a spirit' which is not on the vinyl. So it is not totally clear that Rohan also mixed the dubs.
Hope this helps
Reggie Love

Postby guillaumebougard » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 am

Reggie Love wrote:Hi Guillaume,

There is an insert sheet which comes wtih the album detailing the credits. Under all the tracks it says mixed by Rohan Dwyer. For Rasta Nuh Gangsta it also says 'premixed by Rory Stone Love'.
The insert appears to refer to the original cd/digital version of the album because it includes 'There is a spirit' which is not on the vinyl. So it is not totally clear that Rohan also mixed the dubs.
Hope this helps

thanks
Rohan is a badass engineer, so it could very well be him
he's been taught by Mikey Bennett and Errol Brown
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby Dubba » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Although I have been very vociferous in my discontent at the pricing of this in a previous thread, Reggie’s heartwarming story and reasoning for his purchase resonated with me and has led to me placing an order with Rory last night. He still appears to have some copies so grab them while you can. Big up Reggie and Guillaume for making me have a change of heart and to Rory for producing such a magnificent album and sticking to his guns in terms of how he has sold it. In this day and age you don’t need the middle man and as he has demonstrated you can deal direct with the consumer, which makes the transaction far more pleasant rather than it just being another standard order with Dub Vendor, Honest Jon’s etc. :)
Dubba

Postby Reggie Love » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Cheers Dubba, I reckon you’ve made a wise choice and won’t regret it. :D Hope you enjoy all the dub versions.
Reggie Love

Postby riddleithat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Dubba wrote:In this day and age you don’t need the middle man and as he has demonstrated you can deal direct with the consumer

Technically you're right.... seeing as buying the LP from Rory's sister isn't the same as a 'middle man'... :D
riddleithat

Postby Dubba » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Further to my earlier post, I’ve tried to place an order with Rory but his response following my initial enquiry email can best be described as snail like. Despite several emails asking him to send me payment details to send over the money, no response has been forthcoming. He still however seems to be finding time to post on social media? Slightly underwhelmed and bemused by the whole situation to be honest. Maybe I underestimated the importance of a middle man? :?
Dubba

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:02 am

C-H-G wrote:I love that album but I'm not paying "black mailing" prices for a brand new release that has been artificially made rare. I think tactics like this is ruining the small market there is for Reggae. I will stream Samory I whenever I feel like listening to it.

Iv'e been known to pay $100 for an old, rare original release from the 70ies but I'm not willingly letting myself being ripped of. If I could find the vinyl for like $25 id buy it without thinking twice.

Although it's a good LP, I wouldn't pay £50 for a new release as others have said but also because my initial copy would become worthless if it's subsequently put on general release.
Ranking Glasses

Postby John Eden » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:36 am

bump
John Eden

Postby Dubba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:56 am

Still no response from Rory :(
Dubba

Postby Dubba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:15 pm

I’ve now given up all hope on Rory responding to me as it’s been over 10 days since I last heard from him via email. Maybe there’s a North/South bias going on here? As I’m unable to pick up from his sisters house like Reggie due to being located in sunny Leeds?!! Seriously though really disappointed about this. After an initial response asking me how many copies I wanted and where I’m located, haven’t heard nada. Would love to hear from others that have bought a copy. :(
Dubba

Postby buzzlulu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 am

Don't complain
I emailed him one month ago inquiring about the Samory vinyl and Kristina Alicia and never even received a reply
buzzlulu

Postby tactix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:38 am

Dubba wrote:I’ve now given up all hope on Rory responding to me as it’s been over 10 days since I last heard from him via email. Maybe there’s a North/South bias going on here? As I’m unable to pick up from his sisters house like Reggie due to being located in sunny Leeds?!! Seriously though really disappointed about this. After an initial response asking me how many copies I wanted and where I’m located, haven’t heard nada. Would love to hear from others that have bought a copy. :(

I heard back and managed to get an invoice. I'd say just hit him up again - I just had to nudge.
tactix

Postby Dubba » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 am

Yay! Finally got an invoice email too. Maybe a batch of invoices were emailed out at the same time. Fingers crossed it won’t be too long before I get my copy. Looking at the shipping instructions/fees and taking into account Reggie’s experience it would appear that the LP’s are being shipped from London rather than Jamaica. Would make sense as they were pressed up at Music House dub cutting studios in London. The other thing to make potential buyers aware of is the request to send the pay pal payment as a friends and family payment thereby negating any fees on Rory’s part. This is understandable from a business point of view but for the more paranoid of you out there you aren’t covered via PayPal buyer protection in the unlikely event that something goes wrong with the transaction. However all orders are shipped via trackable mail. :wink:
Dubba

Postby tactix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Yep - shipping from London. For those interested here's what they are charging for shipping:

Pick up in Wembley, North West London - free
UK delivery (recorded delivery) - 4.90 £
Europe delivery (track & sign) - 12.80 £
Global (track & sign) - 16.90 £

And of course each 2 X LP is 50£
tactix

Postby buzzlulu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 am

50gbp + 17 gbp shipping is $90 for the vinyl
WOW
buzzlulu

PreviousNext