No don't legalise it

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: No don't legalise it

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:51 pm

wow edgar, any chance you can get a line on that stuff?

and John, I visited Richmond once I think during a two week stay, but the guy telling me the lurid stories was a life long resident, possibly even of your acquaintance.

Anyway, suffice it to say, I guess things operate differently over there than here. Like I mentioned, I don't believe I have ever heard of this cannabis psychosis thing and seeing flaming heads everywhere from smoking some ten years ago. I remain haile doubtful.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby edgar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:51 am

jb welda wrote:most of the "pissed up idiots" I ran into in London were upper middle class school boys running rampant in Richmond every night. They certainly got the money to pay the increased prices and I don't see as how any of this will affect their rampaging. Maybe I just haven't been around London enough to see the situation clearly. What I do see happening is that poor people will have to commit more crime to get their shot of booze. Pretty much the opposite of the intended outcome.

one love
jb

you don't have to commit crime to drink booze in the UK as it's so incredible dirt cheap... 2 liter plastic strongbow cider bottles for 3 quid.. they call it liquid crack. Not even talking about Tennants and Super Skoll... And the corner shops are open 24/7 so you can buy it any time of the day..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strongbow-Orig ... B00XPEZXPA

my landlady drunk 5 bottles of wine per day ( she died from it eventually, literally) those were 4 pound each...
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /286132066

yes fancy bars and restaurants might charge a lot for alcohol (like in Richmond and or kingston , I worked there) but that's not where the poor go...

--------------
Also young black males don't go to prison for selling weed in London... Only if it are huge quantities.. like when they find a garbage bag full of that stuff... Police just throws it away or are not interested as they got much bigger fish to fry than some teenage weed sellers..

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news ... Lewisham_/

usually when they do get arrested it's because they are selling other things next to weed, like crack or heroin.
edgar

Postby jb welda » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:58 am

yep and yep, edgar. I didn't realize you could buy alcohol 24/7 there but it does stand to reason, I was most impressed (or something) when I saw people walking down the street drinking from a can of beer and even getting on the bus with it. That doesn't happen over here anymore, even in san Francisco which was always known for its tolerance, public drinking of any kind (except with a license, read, $$$ to the city) is prohibited and enforced.

To me, alcohol is far more of a problem than even some head banging weed ever could be.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby edgar » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:29 pm

you are officially not allowed to do that in parts of London (around schools or libraries for example if I'm not mistaken) yet it does happen everywhere as especially London is huge and so many people... Literally impossible to maintain order on that level..

you are not allowed to drink on the bus... but what are they going to do ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjfSGaPCSs

The drivers are behind bullet proof glass and if they have to stop a bus for every drunk or mad person not many bus lines would be operating anymore..
edgar

Postby itsmeagain » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Ranking Glasses you are spot on. I am a mental health professional who sees the effects of cannabis on a daily basis. Not pleasant seeing the paranoid, illogical state people enter into at times.
I wish you and the young man all the best.
If you ever want to discuss any of the issues you can go on mental health forum UK.
Look it up on Google.
itsmeagain

Postby Inyaki » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Inyaki

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:59 pm

itsmeagain wrote:Ranking Glasses you are spot on. I am a mental health professional who sees the effects of cannabis on a daily basis. Not pleasant seeing the paranoid, illogical state people enter into at times.
I wish you and the young man all the best.
If you ever want to discuss any of the issues you can go on mental health forum UK.
Look it up on Google.

Thanks man. Who feels it knows it as they would say.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Mark T » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:33 pm

I was speaking with my wife about this who works in community development here in BC (and people do know a little about weed in BC) and she has attended presentations on this topic. There is a very strong and growing body of evidence about the negative effects of cannabis and related products on developing brains. Usage by young people can have terrible results - you can search for the research articles online easily enough. It is also the case that if someone is vulnerable to mental illness that cannabis use will exacerbate the problem sometimes catastrophically. How do you know if you fit in that category? You find out when it's too late.

I'm not suggesting there are no benefits to be had by older users but surely putting a lot of smoke into your lungs, whatever the source, is always going to be bad for you. To think otherwise is a bit delusional but we all get to choose for ourselves. There are other more healthy ways to use the product and I'm sure they have good results (at least based on some anecdotal evidence from friends).

I have two brothers who are long time smokers who are now in their fifties/sixties respectively. They think their habit has had no ill affects but everyone else is reluctant to invite them to family gatherings anymore as they are socially difficult to be around. No evidence there, just my experience.
Cheers, Mark T
Mark T

Postby jb welda » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:41 pm

>everyone else is reluctant to invite them to family gatherings anymore as they are socially difficult to be around.

Hilarious. Used to be you were the life of the party if you brought the weed. Not anymore i guess.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:33 am

50+ and smoking weed for decades.
Can become angry very quickly and even threaten violence.
Set in their ways and unable / unwilling to see other points of view.
Must always have the last word.

Remimd you of anyone? :D
Ranking Glasses

Postby riddleithat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:50+ and smoking weed for decades.
Can become angry very quickly and even threaten violence.
Set in their ways and unable / unwilling to see other points of view.
Must always have the last word.

Remimd you of anyone? :D

Ranking G, first of all, isn't Donald Trump in his 70s - and where did you read that Trump has been burning the corn for decades+ ?? The rest of your description fits right though :P :P
riddleithat

Postby jb welda » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 pm

yeah reminds me of...you.

How do you know when someone is angry anyway?

And you have not expressed any points of view, you have been ranting about theoretical situations which you give very little real information and when you are asked point blank for it, you change the subject. Typical con man tactics, and this is not the first such instance.

And remember, YOU are the one making it personal, dont turn it around that i am some kind of unfeeling asshat.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Me throw me corn I never call no fowl, suppose you want to pick it up it's your business:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFpWWw9RAQQ

Several people on this board who aren't ignorant, and whose brains haven't been fried by years of chemical abuse, were able to to see my point so it couldn't have been that poorly made.

Come on then have the last word as always. You know you want to.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ras Berry » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:42 pm

You kids play nicely or I shall stretch forth my hands across the ocean and bang yer bleedin' heads together!

8)
Ras Berry

Postby jb welda » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm

thank you ras berry.

ps: got that new dub syndicate set of unreleased recordings the other day, another top set.

one love
jb
jb welda

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion