No don't legalise it

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: No don't legalise it

Postby slengteng » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm

"hablo de estar a la vez en miles de hogares"
slengteng

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

It's a balance between allowing freedoms and protecting people which is sometimes wrong and constantly changing. The balance in reggae is biased towards weed and I'm merely presenting the other side of the argument. I've never heard a reggae song saying that weed is harmful and should be banned. How can people make an informed choice on this basis?

If this post makes one person on this board reconsider their attitude to weed then I have succeeded. I would hate for anyone else to go through what my cousin and my nephew are going through. It is truly awful.
Ranking Glasses

Postby minidub » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm

here on the west coast of the usa we have some of the world's finest and strongest cannabis to smoke. occasionally i see thc content as high as 30-33% in flowers.
but to say that herb today is up to 30x stronger than weed you smoked in days gone by is completely silly; that would mean you were smoking pot with 1% thc.
what were you smoking, hemp?

m.
minidub

Postby Chaz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 pm

My view is that in the UK, the majority of what is available is what is generically termed “skunk”. This is an artificially produced ganga, genetically modified to grow well under lights, which is why it’s so prevalent here, with our climate. It’s also very cheap to produce, with a massive profit margin. Yes, it’s quite strong, but in a different way to any conventionally grown ganga. It blasts the brain rather than stimulates. I’ve never bought it. I don’t like the smell, the taste, or the effect. The real thing is a different thing entirely. So yes, I agree with RG in this sense; the combination of this new variation, together with its effect on developing young brains is much more significant than it would be were the herb to be of decent organic origin.
Chaz

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 pm

I would like to see some scientific proof that that so called skunk is any different in any way from what we have in California. Its just a fairy tale, it doesn't "blast" anything any more than any other high grade weed does.

I also do not get this:

>It’s also very cheap to produce,

because unless one is stealing electricity, it is definitely NOT cheap to power lights to grow low yield (relatively speaking, relative to under the sun) plants.

Last I was in London I managed to bring some cali bud over with me. This was herb I grew in my own garden and my host (peter levi, bless him) had been to my house and seen it growing in my garden. Do you know that few of the "rastas" there wanted anything to do with it? They were so scared of this "skunk" crap they wouldn't even try it. One even told me he thought it had cocaine in it. WTF? Cocaine? My host assured his friend there was no such thing in my weed, but such was the prevailing feeling toward anything green (vs the brown pressed ditch weed that seemed so prevalent, and so expensive, in London.) So my point is there seems to be some kind of paranoia over there of some scary weed that will send you on a trip. Well, that's not any kind of objective reality that I am familiar with. And I think its all just a big boogie man scare tactic.

What you got there for "skunk" is just crappy hothouse weed, its not potent or any more potent than any decent weed, be it GMO or not, and it doesn't do anything special to the brain. I am unsure where these concepts come from but I also group this "cannabis psychosis" in with it...never heard of such a thing except from my UK brethren. I just don't believe it. As for the strength of this "skunk", it is only strong compared to the crap that is otherwise smoked over there, that brown ditch weed I referenced earlier, and note most English I met mixed THAT with tobacco to build those big spliffs I was once so impressed with (until I found out their content). So compared to that, maybe, skunk will "blast" you but its a pretty false comparison if you ask me.

What is this "psychosis" anyway? Does that mean the victims just sit and stare at the wall? Or do they get up and beat people up? (A favorite sport of the British I have heard about and witnessed first hand.) Or what exactly is the behavior you are ascribing to this condition?

Don't you think they will outgrow it for lack of a better term? We all did some stupid **** when we were kids, and perhaps we got hung up on stuff for awhile, but rarely did I, anyway, not come down to earth, either through boredom or just because the newness wore off.

If there is some real "psychosis" there, one would be better served to find the real reason for it and treat it rather than go off on a reefer madness witch hunt. Basically something is wrong with the youth (or maybe the "youth" just hasn't worn off yet) and the sooner you find out what it is and treat it, the better. But I seriously don't think its the weed.

one love
jb
Last edited by jb welda on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb welda

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:So weed is a good thing because it highlights previously undiagnosed mental health issues? This argument is silly.

holy herb was created by the most high to x ray your soul, but nowadays there are toxic mutations created by humans, those actually can harm the brain for real. its more the chemicals they put into the water & the earth or so called fertiliser. nasty stuff, not for smoke or eat.
there are rocker gangs out there blending herb with speed and liquid chemical waste..
SolarHighPower

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Thanks Chaz, you've hit the nail on the head.

It's not me saying it's 30 times stronger, it's what I've heard on news programmes. Whether it's 30 or 5 times stronger is a bit academic. The fact that it's significantly stronger and more dangerous is the real point.

I've shared my experience of this stuff and you can read up on it yourselves so I'll leave people to make their own choices.
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 pm

>there are rocker gangs out there blending herb with speed and liquid chemical waste..

Got any documentation for that, or is it another urban myth?

Does it count that for smoking "speed", far higher temperatures are required than are attained within a burning spliff? Seriously, its science, look it up. Putting something like that on weed is just a waste of both the weed and the other substance. So why exactly would they be polluting presumably good weed with that ****? To get an extra "kick" out of it? If it happens, it doesnt happen much, thats my feeling.

Are there still "rocker gangs" over there? By that I guess you mean greasers, hot rodders, outlaw motorcyclists? Got a website link I could check out?

And RG, come on, what are the symptoms or behavior you are attributing to this psychosis. Maybe i do not understand the problem here.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 pm

its no myth they are deep in that business worldwide (america and europe)
SolarHighPower

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 pm

the speed argument, I dont take speed so I dont really know what it is but I know for sure there is a chemical liquid made out of same stuff for herb thats got lower thc to boost up the "trip" for ppl who especially love to mix herb & beer, they WANT to get f up. they are even saying it, "put chemical on it its better". those fools.
SolarHighPower

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm

jb welda wrote:Are there still "rocker gangs" over there? By that I guess you mean greasers, hot rodders, outlaw motorcyclists? Got a website link I could check out?

to my knowledge H.A. and Bandidos are the only involved that deep (growing, blending, compressing, im/exporting) and yes they still exist. maybe not like once but those "rails" function way more proper than many legal companies..
SolarHighPower

Postby Ras Berry » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 pm

jb welda wrote:by the way Ras Berry, you might appreciate this, sometimes smoking herb is the only way I can penetrate that Adrian Sherwood stuff...I have a feeling AMS would agree

one love
jb

I guess I'm sort of happy for you but also a little sad that you would have to do that to appreciate a piece of music. I've never really understood when someone has said that have to take something to better understand or penetrate a whatever. But then I've never smoked so maybe there's a whole world of deeper understanding and appreciation that I'm missing out on?

Well, I've reached the age of 50 without it and am quite happy, so that won't be changing

8)
Ras Berry

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 am

> "put chemical on it its better"

well see, that's my point. Its not the weed, its the **** youre putting on it. Put the blame where it rests, if its pcp laced "weed" someone is smoking, its not the weed that is making him all crazy.

But I understand you understand where I am coming from here, Solar.

Ras Berry: another thing i have found is that smoking can change me right in front of your eyes, just like ranking glasses mentioned. Before smoking herb i am a grumpy old man. After smoking weed i am a grumpy old man who likes reggae music. A magical transformation.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby yms » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:26 am

RG, a friend at work's son became very mentally unwell from the occasional smoking of "legal highs" in addition to weed.

Has been sectioned twice due to paranoia and delusions, has been diagnosed as schizophrenic.

I would be asking your family member if weed was all that was passed around when he was having a smoke.
yms

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion