No don't legalise it

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

No don't legalise it

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 am

Another young family member with cannabis psychosis. So sad.
Last edited by Ranking Glasses on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranking Glasses

Re: No don't legalise it

Postby Chaz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 am

Really sorry to hear that RG. I'm assuming it's skunk? I think the particular properties of this variant together with high intake as a youth are definitely problematic.
Chaz

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks Chaz.

Not sure but it probably is skunk. Weed can be up to 30 times stronger than it was in my day and it's causing a lot of damage particularly to young people whose brains are still developing.

It's irresponsible and dangerous to have so many songs about the virtues of weed when it's causing so much harm. My young cousin is very bright and had recently started a university course. I just hope that he can recover from this.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Tune In » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 pm

Bless Up Bless Up Bless Up
Tune In

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 am

What? Cannabis psychosis? That aint happening, the lad must have deeper problems that are not being recognized. Seriously man, the weed aint it, even if it is this much vaunted "skunk" (that stuff only seems strong compared to the norm in London...its weak ass stuff compared to the cali bud but that's another matter altogether). We smoke this **** all day long for fifty years man and we aint mad. Now maybe if he is orally ingesting large amounts (eg: eating) over a long period of time, i could see it. But if you think i am wrong, explain what makes anyone think it is the cannabis that is doing it instead of the million other factors that could lead one to delinquency (I assume you mean).

But for a case study in how NOT to legalize it, take a look at the current situation in California. I won't go into it, but its a sad sad state of "legal" we are finding ourselves in.

And by the way, i consider myself a herbs man through and through and am currently witnessing the complete revitalization of a fourteen year old dog with arthritis so bad it doesnt want to get out of its bed, but with an administration of CBD oil on his food, he is up and moving around like a dog half his age. And it works consistently and over time.

Have seen similar results with cancer patients dealing with chemotherapy, my own friends included.

So careful you dont throw out the baby with the bath water.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 am

JB,for many years I would have agreed with everything you're saying so I understand your point of view. Weed also supports thousands of people in JA including members of my family who cultivate it.

I'm not a doctor but there are undoubtedly underlying mental issues in some cases which the weed exacerbates but I have also seen family and friends who seemed perfectly normal change after smoking weed.

The reason for this post is for the second time in recent years I'm seeing up close and personal how a young family member has been deeply affected by weed. Maybe there were underlying issues but they would have been far easier to treat without the additional damage caused by the weed.

One of the reasons why we're on opposite sides of the argument is that some people smoke weed everyday and are perfectly fine while it causes profound and long term damage to others. Smoking weed is therefore like playing Russian Roulette with your mental health.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ras Berry » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm

jb welda wrote:We smoke this **** all day long for fifty years man...

Aaah... now it all becomes clear

8)
Ras Berry

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:21 pm

What is a "Cannabis psychosis" ???
sounds fake to me
there is a psychosis within the mind, and not only cannabis would reveal it, there is alcohol, sugar and so on that works same way. if you are crazy then you are crazy, no one to blame but momma anb poppa
SolarHighPower

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Ras Berry wrote:
jb welda wrote:We smoke this **** all day long for fifty years man...

Aaah... now it all becomes clear 8)

Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:49 pm

SolarHighPower wrote:What is a "Cannabis psychosis" ???
sounds fake to me
there is a psychosis within the mind, and not only cannabis would reveal it, there is alcohol, sugar and so on that works same way. if you are crazy then you are crazy, no one to blame but momma anb poppa

There are lots of articles on it: https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=active&ei=vEoxWoL4F-OFgAaIpJqgCg&q=teenage+cannabis+psychosis&oq=teenage+cannabis+psychosis&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i8i30k1.25361.25361.0.28339.1.1.0.0.0.0.183.183.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.183....0.MK673_hqvgA

However, in my case I'm seeing first hand how much a bright young man has changed since smoking weed into someone unrecognisable. As I say, I'm no expert but I can't deny what is happening in front of my eyes. I only hope that he can recover from this.
Ranking Glasses

Postby SolarHighPower » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 pm

I can assure you, it was there before he got in contact with weed, its always the same. if not weed something else would reveale it by soon or late

so if a guy grabs a gun and kill people, is it gun psychosis?

I know there is plenty of articles but not all of them are true
SolarHighPower

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 pm

So weed is a good thing because it highlights previously undiagnosed mental health issues? This argument is silly.

Weed probably reveals but also exacerbates existing mental health issues from what I've seen. I've also seen people I know and who appear to be perfectly normal, with no history of mental health problems, change dramatically after smoking weed. I'm seeing this happen in front of me at the moment. Am I imagining it?

To be fair, it looks like it's the stronger varieties such as Skunk which are causing most of the problems. Weed shouldn't be promoted as something good because it has the potential to cause serious harm. I know this because I'm witnessing it and I would never smoke it or give it to anyone else to smoke.

You might be fine smoking it but "Puss and dog don't have the same luck, the puss get away but the dog get ****".
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 pm

just fyi, as far as looks go, I am about the polar opposite of that hippie stereotype you posted. and typically the only "peace sign" I give involves the original meaning of the fingers in a "V", turned around the other way. I think it was a british expression.

And none of my "cannabis psychosis" candidate friends look like that either.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm

It was a light hearted joke JB. No need for hostility.
Ranking Glasses

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm

I didn't mean any hostility and I got the joke. Its just an old joke and not a very appropriate one for this day and age, and in fact serves as an underhanded dismissal of the reality of the situation. But I wasn't being hostile in any way, just speaking the truth.

But heres something else:

>Weed shouldn't be promoted as something good because it has the potential to cause serious harm.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and think you do not really mean that. Because if you do, name me one thing in the modern world that does NOT have the "potential to cause serious harm". Start with McDonalds, go to the internal combustion engine, how about electricity? how about computers? Its a never ending list. Pretty much everything can be "good" and when mishandled can cause serious harm.

So what you are saying is to not promote anything that can potentially cause harm to the worlds most vulnerable citizens? Um, no, cannot go along with that at all. And I do not like living in a society where the slightest potential harm to the most vulnerable means that substance or concept should be banned. What ever happened to self determination, to self control, to self responsibility? Must we allow big brother to dictate what we can and cannot do? I don't think so.

by the way Ras Berry, you might appreciate this, sometimes smoking herb is the only way I can penetrate that Adrian Sherwood stuff...I have a feeling AMS would agree

one love
jb
jb welda

Next

Return to General discussion