Reggae distribution in the USA post-Ernie B

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Reggae distribution in the USA post-Ernie B

Postby tactix » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 am

So Ernie B is spent force at this point and is shutting down.

In the last year or so as it has been imploding I've taken to ordering most of my records from overseas but have been purchasing fewer new titles because the shipping can be so prohibitive. Is anybody picking up this slack? Sure there's VP and DKR etc who mostly handle their own stuff but is there anybody in the US distributing reggae imports? Where are other folks in the US and Canada getting new releases?
tactix

Re: Reggae distribution in the USA post-Ernie B

Postby daniel » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 am

Juno, Honest Jons, Pressure Sounds, and Dub Vendor in the UK. Buyreggae, Copasetic, and Hardwax in Germany. Plus direct purchases from Dubstore Records, Rock a Shacka (from Drum & Bass Records), and Far East Records in Japan.
daniel

Postby jb welda » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:03 am

Don't count Ernie B out quite yet:

http://www.millionsofrecords.com/

I recently ordered an LP and 7" from Juno and was pleased to see the postage only come to 7 US$. Quite good if you ask me, and I am getting ready to place another order. Have also picked up stuff here and there on Amazon (Pressure Sounds usually) with no postage but premium price for vinyl.

I am hoping the real Ernie B reveals again.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby tactix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pm

daniel wrote:Juno, Honest Jons, Pressure Sounds, and Dub Vendor in the UK. Buyreggae, Copasetic, and Hardwax in Germany. Plus direct purchases from Dubstore Records, Rock a Shacka (from Drum & Bass Records), and Far East Records in Japan.

Yep - that's where I'm at but they're all overseas so you usually end up having to buy at a hundred dollars worth of records to spread the shipping cost around.
tactix

Postby tactix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 pm

jb welda wrote:Don't count Ernie B out quite yet:

http://www.millionsofrecords.com/

I recently ordered an LP and 7" from Juno and was pleased to see the postage only come to 7 US$. Quite good if you ask me, and I am getting ready to place another order. Have also picked up stuff here and there on Amazon (Pressure Sounds usually) with no postage but premium price for vinyl.

I am hoping the real Ernie B reveals again.

one love
jb

I've heard he's screwed a lot of people in this "bankruptcy" so I think he'll be hard pressed to get people to deal with him in the future- at least in the reggae world.
tactix

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:19 am

Actually, "he" would not be involved in any bankruptcy at all, seeing as how he apparently sold his company a year or so ago. So maybe you should be clear about exactly who you think is screwing over whom.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby guillaumebougard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:48 am

the amount of bullcrap about Ernie is sickening and shows a nasty tendency to spread rumors and smear hard working people
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby tactix » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 am

Yeah I really don't know the details as I've never had any personal dealings with him/ebreggae other than as a customer. From that perspective service was always great. I made my comment out of skepticism give what has crossed my ears but if there's a separation between the business and the individual maybe it's unfounded. Anyway this speculation is perhaps not appropriate in a public forum given my distance from the subject. Nevertheless a void has been created and I'm eager to see if and how it is filled.
tactix

Postby Leo5 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Yes I’m sure the labels can’t wait to go chasing Ernie for small payments again.
Leo5

Return to General discussion