Visiting Jamaica - any info welcome

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Visiting Jamaica - any info welcome

Postby capullo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

finally i will go for the first time to jamaica 8) will arrive on 1st of december in kingston. will travel the island by bus. any info on nice hotels (preferably traveler places or small family run guest houses) and places to visit welcome. not so much after reggae events and kingston etc. more into nature and remote places. also very interested in historical stuff.

thanks!
capullo

Re: Visiting Jamaica - any info welcome

Postby j j » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:44 pm

The little settlement of Rock (where Jason White was from) - between Mo Bay & Falmouth is a nice place. Mo Bay has the grave of The White Witch Of Rose Hall.
Fern Gully bird man is funny /strange - if he is still there?
Also a small wild life park near Falmouth - I think they filmed part of a James Bond film there?
Negril has camp grounds on the beach - you can hire a tent, (ours came with a huge half smoked joint rolled up in the tent :) ) Beautiful beach, but beware of the whores & their pimps :wink:

Enjoy the Ackee & salt fish - man I love that dish!!!!

cheers
j j
j j

Postby dj745 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:27 pm

http://www.villaloyolaja.com Great place to stay on the north coast close to ochy and run by Tracy who is from the uk- have stayed there before and had a great stay
dj745

Postby johnnyB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 pm

The Portland parish definitely. Gorgeous beaches and natural beauties without the all inclusive plague. Drapers San guesthouse some 15 min. out of Port Antonio is run by Maria Carla who seems to know everyone on the island besides being involved socially with the Stand Up For Jamaica association. So many tips from her!
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby DJ Conscious » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Portland parish without a shadow of a doubt for natural beauty and nature.
The most breathtakingly breathtaking place I have ever visited.
It's beyond dreamy and the type of place you can point your camera anywhere without looking and pretty much guaranteed
an amazing picture!
I've just returned from JA after a 4 month trip and my mission was to find a place to buy to live in.
I would have chosen Portland but unfortunately it gets hit badly when hurricanes hit the island so decided to choose a different parish but will visit Portland whenever I can.
i have been six times to JA and am always looking for and finding places which are hidden gems as opposed to the standard tourist spots.
I've never actually been to Dunn's River but have been to many falls elsewhere especially in Portland which in my opinion knock spots off Dunn's River.
Have a fab time, it's an incredible country and quite frankly, you get high from just being there and don't always need the ganja!
DJ Conscious

Postby Donovan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 am

Glistening Waters in Falmouth Harbor is a must! It's a late night swim in bio-luminescent water. Also if your bus largely sticks to the shoreline, you will robbed of seeing the interior, which is among the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

If you are an avid hiker, you can climb Blue Mountain Peak and see both the north shore and the south shore.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby capullo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am

thanks for all your replies! so i will check port antonio to start my journey.

johnnyB - Drapers San looks very promising 8)
capullo

Postby Nefzer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Great place with great people at Treasure Beach / South West Coast JA near Black River:

https://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review ... maica.html

https://www.airbnb.de/rooms/15431604
Nefzer

Postby johnnyB » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Kingston is obviously a must. Find someone trusted to show you around.
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby dj745 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 am

I've got a solid link that has been taking me around Kingston since 2000 if you need a contact and someone who knows all the studios and musical spots
dj745

Postby capullo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm

I've got a solid link that has been taking me around Kingston since 2000 if you need a contact and someone who knows all the studios and musical spots

check PM
capullo

Return to General discussion