Closed my EB account after 20+ years

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Closed my EB account after 20+ years

Postby j j » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:50 am

ernie, if I was to post back the damaged record you sold me as new, would that be enough for you to list my complaints from the last 5 years?
j j

Postby B&F Moderator » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:39 pm

This thread is about to be locked.

If anyone else would like to comment please do it soon.
B&F Moderator

Postby minidub » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:20 pm

well if ernie revisits this thread, we'd like to know which college we sent his first child to and how they're doing? !?!
i'm sure we fed ernie well for a while, but ernie fed us better. 8)

m.

edit: by "we" i mean my household, not this board!
minidub

Postby daniel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:36 pm

I'd also just like to restate, for balance, that I have never had any problems with buying from Ernie B on and off over the last 15 years or so. His prices are low, the packaging is top notch, he ships stuff out so quickly after an order, communicates at every step of the process, and in the very few instances I have had problems he's resolved them with no questions and no hassle. I am relieved to hear that he is continuing this service for most wholesale and all retail customers.

I mentioned in my previous post some reasons why I haven't been buying as much from him as I would have liked to in the past - most of these like the exchange rate and shipping costs are completely out of his control. In fact, his shipping costs are quite fair especially when compared with some of the more expensive sellers on discogs etc.
daniel

Postby j j » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi Moderator,

Does it have to locked? I'd appreciate it if ernie could have a bit longer time to post this list of my 'complaints'.

I feel this would vindicate me of all the rubbish ernie has written about me.

If there is anything I have posted that is the cause of this thread to be locked ,could you let me know & I will happily edit or delete the offending stuff?

thanks
j j

p.s. I agree with Daniel - EB's provides exceptional service
j j

Postby Donovan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:02 am

Well, after reading 4 pages of this stuff, I guess I'll weigh in. I'd side with Ernie B.

Having said that, I actually don't visit his site much. I recently read Dave McGowan's brilliant book Weird Scenes Inside The Canyon and I see those Laurel Canyon releases filling up the website. Ugh, it's just too freaky! I don't even want the option to buy a LP set from a Manson Family member.

Weird Scenes Inside The Canyon - Check It Out!
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby Novice » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

You'll side with Ernie, do you want a side of chips with that, it's not actually potatoes you're eating but you'll never know the difference because we're just going to tell you it's chips and it taste just like fried potatoes so it shouldn't matter what it's actually made of right?!

What's that you say?? You demand to know what exactly you are eating? Well you've been eating here for a long time and you have more food poisoning complaints than any other patron so you're rather a nuisance to us!

Stop crying about all the vomiting and diarrhea because you do so more than anyone else in the history of gastro-pubs....you don't see anyone else, who hasn't gotten food poisoning, complaining do you??

I'll side with the dysentery patient.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Donovan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:24 am

Let's not get too dramatic. It's not like I pledged my allegiance too Wal-Mart or something. Ernie is a small independent business.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby j j » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:37 am

It would be nice to know the reasons why you side with EB Donovan?

I'm a small self employed gardener if that means anything :roll:

j j
j j

Postby Donovan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:43 am

No ulterior motives here. Just 22 years of customer satisfaction and reading both your side of the story and Ernies in the preceding 4 pages. Seems like your both straight shooters who should be able to work this equitably.
Donovan

Postby j j » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:49 am

Thanks for the response Donovan. You're right we should have been able to work it out but I guess we are both stubborn bast@#ds :)

As my orders dwindled over the last few years I wasn't ordering much anyway & with Brexit it's now cheaper to order from UK than the US for me anyway.

I've bought music from heaps of Baffers over the years, (including from 'the man who can't be named") & never been accused of lying or had any problems, was buying from ernie before the internet, so for him to bring up this issue of complaints now really puzzles me??

cheers
j j
Last edited by j j on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
j j

Postby jb welda » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:40 pm

>from 'the man who can't be named")

You keep poking a hornets nest and one day you are going to get stung.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Novice » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 pm

He's a gardner, I'm sure he can handle a sting or two.....

-Me-
Novice

Postby j j » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 pm

JB Welda I thought we had an agreement? I wasn't to mention your name & you were to stop reading this thread. What happened? Deal must be off :(

btw I don't think we have Hornets here but as Me says I have been stung lots of times , the worst is when I disturbed a wasp nest & was stung multiple times & had to run for my life stripping of my clothes as I ran. Wasp stings are extremely painful & they can sting multiple times.
If you are allergic to the venom it can be lethal.

I guess if you keep poking your nose into a hornets nest you will eventually get stung.

BUT SERIOUSLY,

JB why does my argument with Ernie make you so mad at me? Ernie & I , we both have our reasons in this issue, but I'm curious as to why it upsets you personally?
Do you have some kind of vested interest in EB's Records? Why are you sticking up for him so much , when you've criticised & complained about his business here, several times...I don't understand where you're coming from, why this is such a big issue for you ?

Sincerely
one buzz

j j
Last edited by j j on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
j j

Postby j j » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Still can't fathom why Ernie would bring this matter of 'too many returns' up now when for the last 5 years I have hardly ordered anything from him. My returns have been minimal .

Why didn't he mention this years ago when I was placing large orders every week?

Off course the more you order/buy means that you will get a higher return rate of faulty items, this is how it works.- the law of averages perhaps?

If you don't buy much you won't have as many returns as you simply aren't getting the same volume of goods.

Ask yourself ....SHOULD IT REALLY MATTER HOW MANY RETURNS YOU HAVE IF THEY ARE ALL LEGITIMATE ?

Should I have only returned half of the faulty goods?
Should I have only returned 3/4 of faulty items?
Seems only ernie can decide this.

I think this is the main point we need to consider.

cheers
j j
Last edited by j j on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j j

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion