Beautiful Examples of Tolerance and Love

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Beautiful Examples of Tolerance and Love

Postby guillaumebougard » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:36 pm

apart from the fact they are shouting, they are debating quite well
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Guillame, they have obviously researched the Bible well and can hold their own in an argument but they're not debating well in terms of their style of debating by shouting at people and not really listening to anyone else's point of view. To me, this makes them scary because they obviously believe very strongly in what they are saying.
Ranking Glasses

Postby underated » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Whenever i think about black / white / mixed Americanized 'Israelites"
I just tend to remember all the infamous cults of the past.

They all had a few things in common,

Spoke in half truths & appealed to the naive & vulnerable.
& don't forget what happened to members if they disagreed with the charismatic leaders of those cults .
Almost always the same result every single time.
underated

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Underrated, true but isn't the core message of most religions: "believe what we believe and do what we say otherwise you will burn in hell forever"?
Ranking Glasses

Postby Jah Rebel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Another explanation for the Hebrew references might be the story of Ham, Shem and Japheth, the 3 sons of Noah.

Ites,
Rebel
Jah Rebel

Postby capullo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

i don't know why but in those islands and countries in america where the spanish/portugese/french (and therefore catholic) colonialists ruled and brought people from africa - eg. cuba, puerto rico, brasil, colombia - the african essence in terms of religion/cults, culture, language etc. somehow never got such a strong impact from the bible and all the stories about hebrews, egypt, moses etc. a fair amount of african descend population in colombia and brazil still speak african dialects. religious ceremonies in cuba are held strictly in african language. although the catholic church was in no way less brutal than the anglican church, they never really managed to cut off the african heritage as much as in the english speaking part of america. i guess this has a lot to do with the excessive spread of the king james bible. this is only an assumption from myself, without any proof and i might be completely wrong here, just what i've observed and read.
capullo

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:11 pm

Yes, Bob Marley referred to Noah's sons in many of his interviews.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Capullo, I have noticed much of the same where the true African heritage seems to have almost disappeared in terms of blacks in Jamaica and the US. However, don't forget that there is still Obeah, Pocomania, the Maroons, etc. in JA all with a very strong link to Africa. I also posted this thread recently which explores some of those links: http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45619

I was once engaged to a girl from the US and I visited there several times. It seems to me that many of the blacks there are almost ashamed of their African heritage and are pleased they have been 'redeemed' by Christianity. I did come across something over there I was completely unaware of called "roots". It's a form of voodoo which is very similar to Obeah and ironically is practised by a number of Christians!
Ranking Glasses

Postby capullo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:06 pm

I did come across something over there I was completely unaware of called "roots". It's a form of voodoo which is very similar to Obeah and ironically is practised by a number of Christians!

i have seen this in cuba. but it is not just christians practising santeria (or voodoo/obeah). it's more a thing of their own creole mix up everybody feels connected to. some are more into african roots, some are more in the church thing but they all are familiar with the mixup. every african god has a catholic saint equivalent - a very old trick.
capullo

Postby capullo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 pm

and yes Ranking Glasses, of course i am aware about Obeah, Pocomania, the Maroons, etc. in Jamaica. i have never been to jamaica myself though.
capullo

Postby underated » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:Underrated, true but isn't the core message of most religions: "believe what we believe and do what we say otherwise you will burn in hell forever"?

Yes off course ,
It's easy to get bogged down in the negative side.

Turn on the TV, read the papers, none stop talk of religious intolerance & hatred.

Let's look at the flip side of the coin.
Individuals who have turned their lives around for the better through faith.
A positive change for the better & a whole new outlook arises.

Check out J W,
Always enjoyed listening to this preacher.
Always tells it like it is.

http://youtu.be/WQgVUEY0MLw
underated

Postby flashman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:05 pm

guillaumebougard wrote:
apart from the fact they are shouting, they are debating quite well

I'm guessing (hoping?) you didn't watch the second video where he calls Buddha a transvestite faggot. Very sophisticated argumentation, and really gets to the heart of the matter. :cry:
flashman

Postby Ranking Glasses » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 am

Thanks Underrated and I accept there are many kind, compassionate and intelligent religious people. However, the bottom line is that with Christianity for example, if I don't accept Jesus Christ to be my lord and saviour I am doomed to eternal damnation. Is that not the case?

Flashman, do we have to love Buddha? :D
Ranking Glasses

Postby flashman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:
Flashman, do we have to love Buddha? :D

Nope, but a little respect for others never hurts. And ignorant name calling shouldn't be confused with a debate.
flashman

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Very true Flashman.
Ranking Glasses

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion