The #1 MOST WANTED REPRESS 45...........

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

The #1 MOST WANTED REPRESS 45...........

Postby j j » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:14 am

........is apparently, according to an international reggae symposium held in The Hague last week - Freddie McKay's 'Cool Down Your Temper', originally issued on Marsha Music 7".

A panel of expert judges at the symposium nominated the most likely candidate for the job of reissuing the legendary 7" as being the esteemed Brooklyn, New York record company, D.K.R aka Digikiller/Deeper Knowledge Records.
It was decided that as D.K.R had already reissued three other legendary recordings by the late Jamaican reggae artist, they would have the connections to make this latest record a viable project.

Other companies that were vying for the prestigious reissue rights included France's Onlyroots & Iroko Record labels, and the UK's Archive Recordings.
Congratulations DKR!

Read tomorrows edition to find out D.K.R's response.
j j

Re: The #1 MOST WANTED REPRESS 45...........

Postby kalcidis » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:54 am

Great song. Are there any other cuts on the rhythm besides this one and the Linval Thompson - Rastafari Is My Religion?
kalcidis

Postby lippe » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56 am

Beside Cool down your temper, which is indeed really outstanding, I would love to see the Jah love I tune originally on lucky star being reissued!!!
Add Your cup is full on sunpower, and you get a perfect batch of release from Freddie McKay!!!
lippe

Postby RB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:43 pm

JJ, resident comedian.

we have one more Freddy McKay tune yet to release, but it's not been named here. 8)

i know i've said this before but the economics of doing a good singles comp from various producers are really hard.

still, before that, he's got 3 albums that need proper reissuing with bonus tracks.

great artist, lots of great music, needs proper representation.
RB

Postby j j » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 am

Chaos reigned supreme in the streets of The Hague today as thousands of angry protesters took to the city streets to vent their anger ,frustration and disappointment upon hearing the news that D.K.R the popular New York record label has turned down the prestigious offer of repressing the late reggae artist Freddie McKay's rare and most sort after recording ''Cool Down Your Temper".

Police lines were stretched to breaking point as the protesters smashed bottles on their own heads , looted stores and burned dozens of vehicles within the riot affected areas.
Order was finally restored to the cities streets early the next morning, with the Police Minister vowing to come down hard on any further protests.
Leading speaker and honorary judge at the recent Reggae Symposium held in The Hague earlier this week, Professor Robert Narley was still said to be in deep shock on hearing D.K.R's decision, although in a short statement to the press he vowed to fight on and urged the thousands of public voters to never give up on the dream that , "even the average working man in the street may one day be able to hold in his or hers hand & play in their own homes the mighty 7" 45 that is "Cool Down Your Temper".
World leaders and Reggae collectors from around the globe are said to be congregating at a secret location to urgently discuss plans for what action they can take next to get this tune reissued and available to the deserving public.

Cool Down Your Temper was recently voted The Worlds #1 Most Wanted Repress 45 at the International Reggae Symposium.
Last edited by j j on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
j j

Postby StepDubStep » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow: :!:
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Postby gongi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:55 am

Fire is burning :wink:
gongi

Postby KEEL » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:29 am

bring on the lps (hold the repress for now), other tracks "what you wanna do" Roman Stewart.
Throw out your life line...
KEEL

Postby Mark T » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Keep it coming jj, I think this could possibly develop into an international crisis.
Mark T
Mark T

Postby j j » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:44 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: over 1000 views :!: Whoever decides to release this stone cold classic is gonna make some money :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow:
j j

Return to General discussion