Thank you,Tuff Scout

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Thank you,Tuff Scout

Postby Apostle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 am

For the repress of the year...
Apostle

Re: Thank you,Tuff Scout

Postby richmrpa » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Sword of Jah Mouth? Not my thing at all but each to their own.

Here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AMESE%3AIT
Love to all
Rich
richmrpa

Postby Apostle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 pm

I can understand that this record isn't for everybody. Yet I think it's a mystical, militant record and you won't find a second one in this style. The lyrics are nothing like anything else I know from that period, neither are the arrangements. The quality remains high during the whole record and that alone makes it worth listening.
There is also a dub counterpart that is practically untraceable. Apparently Shaka played dubplate cuts from this record in the eighties.

The record is very rare and sought after, also apart from the ebay hype. It went for very high prices on auctions, often hosted by the same seller of this very repress. I guess some buyers will be ranting about this one for understandable reasons. Still, the original remains the original. There is a big Tuff Scout logo on the record labels so it is easily differentiated from the original press.
Apostle

Postby michael » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:22 pm

would be nice to see reason on 45 even if they cant find a dub..one of the baddest tunes ever imo
michael

Postby Robin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:15 pm

check this cut of "reason" michael, maybe not to your taste but it comes with a heavy dub version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHlR71WS1No
gwaan kibir
Peace
http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Nyabin-Sound-System/201186136569072?sk=wall
http://www.myspace.com/vibescreator
Robin

Postby Donovan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:11 am

I hope Ernie gets some copies. I can't afford to pay $40 for a single LP. I did it for Addis Pablo's debut but I got 2xLP for that price. I also did it for Alpha & Omega's "The Half That's Never Been Told" but I got a T-shirt with it. After listening to the sound samples, I'm intrigued.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby jahkob » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:47 am

The "Reason" cuts that Kibir La Amlak are running are produced by Alex Tribulation of Dub Tribulation. Due for release at some point. Hold tight for those. Well worth the wait.
. . . live good and good shall come to you . . .
jahkob

Postby formula » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Apostle, so are you saying there's a dub LP hidden somewhere?? are you sure?
sadly never heard the cuts shaka was used to play but must have been really dangerous
formula

Postby Apostle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Well I'm not sure actually so don't nail me on this. I have never seen it, I'm just repeating what I read in the item description when Outonthefloor had the original on auction. If I remember it right Jake was asking if anyone had ever seen the legendary dubplate cuts Shaka used to run in the eighties. I heard the rumour from other people as well so it might be true that there was a dub counterpart, but I don't have any proof of tHe existence of an actual dub LP so maybe that's just a hoax.
Apostle

Postby formula » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 pm

remember that auction, if i'm not wrong Jake was talking about dubplate cuts, will ask him anyway ;-)
formula

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:14 pm

There was never a dub album, Jah Shaka used to play cuts to a couple of tracks from the album on Dubplate and they were probably exclusively given to him as I've never heard any other sound play them.
Reggaemusicstore

Postby jesperoots » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Love the whole album and Reason in all its glory. But to me nothing comes close to Revelation time. Heard this on shakatape in the 90´s and didnt have a clue what it was. Found out some years later.

Heres Shaka running it. (My guess it would be around 1986.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTp3HUr8Gt8
jesperoots

Postby Donovan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Dub Vendor and upatoutonthe floor are sold out already. Copies are already turning up at discogs for $50+ and no U.S. shops received any copies. So to all involved with this reissue I say BOOOOOOOOOOOO! :x
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby Ade » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:32 am

Donovan wrote:Dub Vendor and upatoutonthe floor are sold out already. Copies are already turning up at discogs for $50+ and no U.S. shops received any copies. So to all involved with this reissue I say BOOOOOOOOOOOO! :x

:?: upanoutofthefloor have had this showing for weeks on ebay. I think they put them up in batches, and still some around at the moment.
Ade

Postby Donovan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:49 am

Yeah, I was in a bad mood when I posted this. :) I take back my booing. BUT, there still is no distribution in North America, so it becomes a $40 LP after exchange rates. Too rich.
Donovan

Next

Return to General discussion