Mystrey Dub lp- Linval Thompson? Radics?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Mystrey Dub lp- Linval Thompson? Radics?

Postby NCHANT » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Just met this guy on the street who was on the way to sell all his vinyl , i had a quick look but was mostly pop music and he asked what i liked and he said he had one reggae tune at home - Wailing Souls - Shark Attack!
so i told him he might be able to get a bit for that online but i would give him a tenner now, then when i went to pick it up he gave me this other white label dub lp and asked me to identify it, the only tunes i know on there are Linval Thompson tunes, side A starts with La La means i love you, and side b starts with 6 babylon followed by Mr Bossman . Fairly standard Dub lp with a white label, mostly lovers style but some tuff dub mixing on it , sounds like roots radics and maybe scientist to me , scratched on inner bit is GGLP 0023 ,so had a search on Discogs and found some Linval Thompson material released on GG records but 023 not a dub lp, anyone any idea on identity of this lp ? i not really that interested in this style so if it worth anything i might sell it and split the money with the guy,
so amazed to get a copy of this wailing soul tune at a reasonable price! Been after that for 20 years Just goes to show you never can tell what around the corner. . .
WWW.DUBREVOLUTION.CO.UK
NCHANT

Re: Mystrey Dub lp- Linval Thompson? Radics?

Postby kalcidis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:25 pm

kalcidis

Postby NCHANT » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Wow looks like that was my lucky day!, i just contacting the guy now to let him know the good news, he not even got a record player and i not really likely to run this much so probabally will be up for sale soon . Pm me if you interested brother...
WWW.DUBREVOLUTION.CO.UK
NCHANT

Postby Mellowman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Yeah, sounds like Boss Man's Dub reissued by us at Hot Milk. Vinyl edition will come out end of April.
Mellowman

Postby kalcidis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:38 pm

That is great news, Mellowman!!!
kalcidis

Postby David » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi mellowman, are you going to do vinyl issues of all the hot milk releases? The good, the
bad and the upsetter would also be very welcome!

Great news of course that you are going to do the libval dub!
David

Return to General discussion