Greenwich Farm Rub a Dub (B&F)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Greenwich Farm Rub a Dub (B&F)

Postby brigstow » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Once again, I appreciate everyone's help, and rest assured, I will be back requesting further help in the not too distant future. I have a long long way to go just to build myself a half decent Reggae collection

The above is a quote from my last post here, in 2006, the "not too distant future" seems to have taken a few years to come around, but true to my words I'm back and looking for help. Still building that half decent reggae collection, and in the process, and quite by accident, I created the following website - http://www.savagejaw.co.uk - not sure why it exists, but can't think of a good reason to stop it now.

Anyway, a little while back I decided to try and get all the Blood And Fire releases (CDs that is), and I'm getting near the end, but I need a little help with a few titles regarding scans of the sleevenotes, a few of my secondhand titles are lacking the complete booklets. But first, can anyone help with this title:

Greenwich Farm Rub a Dub

looks to be a double disc release of:
BAFCD011 - King Tubby & Soul Syndicate - Freedom Sounds In Dub
BAFCD012 - Scientist - Dub In The Roots Tradition

But with a special 20 page booklet. Does anyone have this set, and can you let me know if there are any sleeve notes in the booklet or is it just photos etc. I don't really want to buy this if I can help it. If anyone has scans or pics of said booklet, an email would be very appreciated brigstow at savagejaw.co.uk

Thanks for your help, and I promise you I will not wait so long before I ask for help again. :D
Love On Ya!
brigstow
"it never gets easier, you just go faster"
brigstow

Re: Greenwich Farm Rub a Dub (B&F)

Postby mghifi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:41 pm

It was a numbered box. The booklet contains no text, just more photos of the Greenwich Farm area in the same artwork style as the cd's contained.
mghifi

Postby John Eden » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 pm

There's a scan of the box here:
http://www.ruddstudio.com/2011/06/early ... -covers-2/

Did B&F do many of these sets? First I've heard of them...
John Eden

Postby brigstow » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Well that's good news, about there being no extra sleeve notes. No need to buy this title as I have the contents already on BAFCD011 and BAFCD012.

Now all I need to do is sort out the few titles where my booklet is either missing pages or just missing altogether.

New post coming soon, and I really do mean soon :lol:
Love On Ya!
brigstow
"it never gets easier, you just go faster"
brigstow

Return to General discussion