Attn: Wackie's Experts

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Attn: Wackie's Experts

Postby trinitymlk » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:00 pm

I had posted this question a while a go, and got no info....

Does any Wackie's expert out there know where to find the dubs to the rhythms used on Clive Field Marshall's "Poor House Rockers?"
I have found one match on Jamaica Super Dub with the cut "Old Man Charlie," but would really like to find the matches to "Ting a Ling," and "State Trooper Style."
I have listened to must of the African Roots Acts, Natures Dub, Tribesman Assualt, and can't find the matches. This leads me to believe that BullWackie either never released them or he used them as a version on some randon Wackie's 10" that I have not encounterd yet.
Any certified Wackie's experts out there?
trinitymlk

Postby marko » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:47 pm

Dance Pon De Corner sounds like a wackies version of fatty bum popularised by ranking dread around the time on a radics riddim (much of this album has that style of riddim though). Sheep Skin sounds like its on a Chosen Brothers tune, dont know which though

i'm only aware of one other wackies release by clive which is Mill Henry & Clive Field Marshall Come On & Rock Me which came out in 1981 on a wackies 12" so dont think you will even find these dubs on other 7"s or 12"s
marko

Postby trinitymlk » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:36 am

Marko,
Thanks for the taking the time to investigate and getting back to me.
This was definatley a random question, but maybe someone is sitting in the missing dubs.
If I find them I will post here. Respect, MK
trinitymlk

Postby Mario 2 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:11 pm

isnt there info about this on the basic channel website?

Mario Gregory
Mario 2

Postby Mario 2 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:17 pm

I just checked BASIC CHANNEL -- Not much more info I'm afraid, but her's what they said :

Basic Channel said -- ///On its original release in 1981, this album sold out so quickly that Wackies was unable to supply his customary distributors outside New York; and it has been high on Wackies-collectors' lists ever since.
The rhythms nod again to The Heptones at Studio One, and Bob Marley; others are voiced elsewhere in the Wackies catalogue by Barrington Spence, Junior Delahaye and the Love Joys; some had appeared on the Presenting Prince Douglas set the previous year. Clive himself is compelling, witty and ebullient in the dancehall style pioneered by Lone Ranger, ranging over subjects including JA tourism and landlordism, Carter and Reagan, banks and bulldogs, and - outstandingly, on Delahaye's ineffable but unissued Acting So Strange - the in-thing beaver hat and sheepskin coat.///
Mario 2

Postby Ron » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:26 pm

Ting a Ling is a version of Dancing In The Rain (Chosen Brothers). The only dub of this rhythm is on the 12".
State Trooper Style is a version of "North of The River Dub"(Prince Douglas)
Ron

Postby trinitymlk » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:22 pm

Heavy Roots Knowledge on this Board.
Thank you for sharing with the youth.
Respect, MK
trinitymlk

Return to General discussion