What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:06 am

My vote: Message From the Meditations.
Prince Asbo of Thrifty Vinyl
http://thriftyvinyl.wordpress.com/
Aaron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Canterbury, UK

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Chaz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 am

The 12 Tribes of Israel Showcase
Chaz
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:40 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Ringo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 am

Something I don't have :D
Purple Radio - Every other Wednesday 6:30 - 8pm http://www.purple-radio.co.uk

Archive of old shows http://www.crytough.com/purple.html
Ringo
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:17 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Apostle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Maybe give them some time to lift off before we start speculate :)
And there are dozens of forum entries like this one, except about other reissue labels :)
Apostle
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby skunkride » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm

A vinyl version of the unreleased Yabby You cuts from the upcoming Shanachie compilation...

Well, one can dream :roll:
skunkride
 
Posts: 6435
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: South side, Tel-Aviv

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby RB » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:22 pm

here's some of my dream releases for a BAF-type label. Dom & Steve, hope you're reading.

12 Tribes/Orthodox label discography box set with both LP's and all singles on the label. prob can fit on 4x LP's. dubplate cuts can be released as bonus singles.

Al Campbell - comp of all his best Phil Pratt stuff (there's a lot), with all released dub cuts (from 7"s + LP's). can easily be 2-3 LPs.

Freddy McKay - Lonely Man LP, GG's LP, Harsh Words LP, each w/ relevant bonus tracks. might as well make this a boxset too.

King Culture productions comp

Sugar Minott/Black Roots productions comp
RB
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:45 pm
Location: BROOKLYN

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby roots tradition » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Riley All Stars - Concrete Dub to make it affordable.
roots tradition
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby jah_vaults » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 pm

RB wrote:here's some of my dream releases for a BAF-type label. Dom & Steve, hope you're reading.

12 Tribes/Orthodox label discography box set with both LP's and all singles on the label. prob can fit on 4x LP's. dubplate cuts can be released as bonus singles.

Al Campbell - comp of all his best Phil Pratt stuff (there's a lot), with all released dub cuts (from 7"s + LP's). can easily be 2-3 LPs.

Freddy McKay - Lonely Man LP, GG's LP, Harsh Words LP, each w/ relevant bonus tracks. might as well make this a boxset too.

King Culture productions comp

Sugar Minott/Black Roots productions comp



RB MAYBE YOU CAN RELEASE THESE IF B & F FAIL TO :D
jah_vaults
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby dan i dubdub » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Apostle wrote:Maybe give them some time to lift off before we start speculate :)
And there are dozens of forum entries like this one, except about other reissue labels :)


it's what drooling looks like on a forum page!
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:51 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Mick Sleeper » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:50 am

A Roman Stewart singles collection.
Without music, life is an error. (Nietzsche)
Bass Culture: http://podcast.upsetter.net
Eternal Thunder: http://www.upsetter.net/scratch
User avatar
Mick Sleeper
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:25 pm
Location: West Of The River Nile

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Mark T » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:36 am

Hey Mick, I just picked up an original press of Roman Stewart's If I Had a Hammer on Rockers 7". I thought about you at the time as I know you like Roman Stewart. Haven't had time to play it yet and not really expecting great things but at the price I thought I might as well pick it up.
Mark T

PS no idea really what B&F should release but looking forward to it all the same
Mark T
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: Langley, British Columbia

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby Congo Bunny » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 am

I wish someone would 're release Mr Fablous by Nicodemus, cus I really want it
Congo Bunny
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:16 pm
Location: Home sweet home

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby dan i dubdub » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Mark T wrote:Hey Mick, I just picked up an original press of Roman Stewart's If I Had a Hammer on Rockers 7".



love that tune. dub side is a horror though.
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:51 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby damian05 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 pm

damian05
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: What Lp Should New B&F Release?

Postby capullo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Freddie McKay would be a wise choice!
capullo
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:50 pm
Location: Switzerland

Next

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain, ScrollZ and 10 guests