B&F reborn...

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: B&F reborn...

Postby Natty Matti » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Great news indeed! + 1 for a Freddy Mckay comp
Natty Matti

Postby Laurits » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm

+ 2 for a Mckay comp!
Laurits

Postby dom » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Just spoke to Steve Barrow, quick update, there will be possibly 12 issues from the existing catalogue released on vinyl, cd & download with original BAF artwork & notes, vinyl stampers to cut by Kevin Metcalfe at Soundmasters, distro via VP / Greensleeves.

Plans for new releases of lost classics being spoken about, the idea is to keep the same standard as before with all the best sellers released, some with added bonus tracks, sound system shows also being discussed with DJ's we've toured with before including the great Joseph Cotton!

More info as and when will be posted here and on the blood and fire face book page & twitter feed..

http://reggaemani.wordpress.com/2014/02 ... um=twitter

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood-an ... 269?ref=hl

https://twitter.com/reggaelabel
dom

Postby Donovan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:20 am

Mark T wrote:"and never skips" in my book Donovan that's a pretty low bar :) - I would take it as a given that new vinyl would never skip.
Mark T

Hah, no doubt. But I've been burned quite often by JA vinyl - so that's my bar. "Does it skip? No? Awesome, I'll take a copy!" :D
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby jb welda » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:34 am

my experience with VP in the sound quality department is more to do with mix than pressing of vinyl. if you ask me they use the same mix to press the vinyl as they do to burn the cd...I would be willing to bet money there is no difference and they may even use an actual cd to create masters for the vinyl. VP's vinyl itself is high quality and well pressed, no surface noise problems or jumps (yeah kinda should go without saying with a brand new record).

the problem is...the mix. seems they cannot mix a bass note to save their souls. consistently. on cd or on vinyl. they all sound pretty flat on the bottom end. no real punch.

but with B&F masters and their hopefully high degree of quality control, these should be sounding as good as can be possible.

super happy to hear this and particularly the part about the sound system shows...I listen to my copies pretty often even still.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jahkob » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 am

great news! maybe hard to handle now that Vivian Jackson is no longer among us but Id love to see some quality presses from the Yabby You catalogue. yes, you can still find Yabby You 12´s around and about but mostly of rather dodgy presses. anyways, great news… BF rise again!
. . . live good and good shall come to you . . .
jahkob

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 am

GREAT NEWS!!

Good luck with the new plans!!
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Carassius » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am

Fingers crossed for new releases of Yabby You on vinyl.... BIG time
Carassius

Postby diddleybop » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Great news .there are a few B & F releases I would love to get my hands on to fill the gaps. Especially the Johnny Clarke .
Mark T maybe you could word up your local indie store to put one aside for you. just a thought. :D
diddleybop

Postby algoriddim » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Really great news.
algoriddim

Postby Teddy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Truly great news, as the saying goes: You can't keep a good man down! Also nice to see that the initial new release is a 12", love to see more 7 and 12's from B&F, though my savings account might beg to differ!
Teddy

Postby jb welda » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:55 pm

so will any of this be available via this website (eg: reopen the store with new stock) and/or will any thing be released exclusive to this website?

keep in mind who loves ya down through the years now!

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby AT2JA » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:53 am

Great news!
AT2JA

Postby Mark T » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:15 am

Donovan - funnily enough I've never bought an original press that skipped, it's only ever been Ja represses that skip (never buy them now because of that and the disappoint when the flip-side isn't the right dub!!!) You just can't beat the sound of that Ja original vinyl even with a bit of snap, hiss, crackle and pop.

diddleybop - you read my mind, actually thinking of asking 2 or 3 stores to reserve me a copy! I can always utilize the trade section later if I get multiple copies.

Mark T
Mark T

Postby guillaumebougard » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:46 am

I could use the Jah Stitch album
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion