B&F reborn...

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

B&F reborn...

Postby Walker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 am

Just seen this, from Rob over at Chatty Mouth.

'Just found this, from Steve Barrow on LinkedIn.
Doubtless you-all know all about it already...?

"I'm happy to announce that the BLOOD & FIRE reggae label will be relaunched this spring in a joint collaboration between me and the mighty VP RECORDS of New York. I will be handling original B&F catalogue reissues, with additional titles new to Blood & Fire. The first release, on 'Record Store Day' in April will be a limited edition 12" of Gregory Isaacs "Mr Know It All" in a B & F sleeve with inner fascimile sleeve of the original Jamaican 12". This vinyl-only release will be followed by the first batch of titles from the B&F catalogue in various formats. Further details to follow ...." '
Walker

Re: B&F reborn...

Postby StepDubStep » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 am

Excellent news!!! And great timing. 20 years after the first release... almost to the day!
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Postby Apostle » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:00 am

Amazing news I'd say!
And a big bummer for all those guys at discogs selling the Yabby You collection of B&F for 150 dollars :lol:
Apostle

Postby kalcidis » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:10 am

Very happy to hear this. Let's hope that Steve Barrow will do some new releases as well!
kalcidis

Postby John Eden » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Great news.
John Eden

Postby Dubba » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Fantastic news, can't wait for this to get up and running!
Dubba

Postby zonard » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Excellent news, nice to see you back Steve, whishing you the best
zonard

Postby Mark T » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Well that is brilliant news!!! i will be buying any new vinyl or reissued vinyl without a doubt!!
All the best to every one involved.

My only caveat would be that people have not been all that complimentary about the quality of VP vinyl on the forums so i hope Steve pushes for B&F's high standards!

Mark T
Mark T

Postby Donovan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 pm

The best news possible. I'll buy vinyl as soon as it hits Ernies website. Regarding VP vinyl, I think it's really good. They don't do anything fancy like thick pressings or limited edition colors, but the sound is good and never skips.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby tingjunkie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Excellent news! Made my day!
tingjunkie

Postby Ital Dokta » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:38 am

Great news to have B&F active again, the original titles are very hard to find on vinyl so reissues would be welcome as would some new releases. That said I am not really a fan of the limited Record Store Day releases, many of them don't seem to make it to physical shops and are highly difficult to locate. Regarding the VP vinyl, some of the ones I've heard are no great shakes in the audio department, hopefully Steve can have some control over that aspect, if its just a matter of repressing previous releases perhaps it won't be an issue - I suspect the original pressings will still be the most desirable to have though.
Ital Dokta

Postby charasi-i » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:58 am

Excellent news !
Alakh ! Bam Bam Bholanath ! Bom Shiva !
charasi-i

Postby Mark T » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:51 am

"and never skips" in my book Donovan that's a pretty low bar :) - I would take it as a given that new vinyl would never skip. I can't say I've heard any of the VP vinyl, just read comments. Steve and B&F set such a high standard for the quality of product, I just hope it stay that way.
I also hope I can find the Record Day release - they can be a bit hit and miss but quite a few do show up later so there's always hope.
Mark T
Mark T

Postby Ringo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:45 am

Great news, a Freddie McKay best of and Deep Down With Dennis Brown please :)

The Gregory seems quite a good choice for Record Day - it's a massive two sider of a tune with broad appeal which should go down well with non-reggae experts on a day when there is much needed publicity.
For us lot we're not missing too much - it's already on a B&F release and many of us will have the original 'cos it can be found for around £20. Smart move I'd say.
Purple Radio - Every other Wednesday 6:30 - 8pm http://www.purple-radio.co.uk

Archive of old shows http://www.crytough.com/purple.html
Ringo

Postby ephteeay » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 am

Great news & a great tune !
ephteeay

Next

Return to General discussion