Lyrical Benjie Top Of The Mountain LP?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Lyrical Benjie Top Of The Mountain LP?

Postby ImpSound » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Greetings all!

Pulled out the 12" EP Ten Plague the other day after, what a TUNE!
As the topic says. Its stated on the backside of the sleeve this tunes are taken from the forthcoming Top Of The MOuntain LP.
Anyone knows that happend, or have i totaly missed this one? I can just find the 12" with the same titel on the web.

Cheers
ImpSound

Re: Lyrical Benjie Top Of The Mountain LP?

Postby BMC » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Good question, no idea, don't think an album with that title has been released by Benjie. As you say, only that 12" in recent years with that title.

Only have (and know of) two albums by him:

Rastaman Style ‎(King Shiloh)
Slimmah Sound & Lyrical Benjie - Firm In Jah (Roots Tribe)

Both very nice albums, but that Ten Plagues tune is easily his best. Also love Sit N Wonda on Roots Tribe. My Dream is wicked too, but the 12" impossible to find for an affordable price.
BMC

Postby DC » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:14 pm

That LP never came.
The Top of the mountain lyrics were recorded with Benjie somewhere back in 2000 i think. Original on a riddim from Iyah One that was built and voiced in my studio as all vocals were on the Rastaman Style EP.
Then the Top of the mountan vocal was just stored and there were a couple of different dubplate riddims on it.
Then after a couple of years i came across the vocal again on a backup drive and laid down a new riddim on it and had Chanter voice it too "Music is the weapon'
That one was released about 2 years back orso.

Ten Plagues was the very 1st tune Benjie voiced on my riddims
http://www.facebook.com/dubcreator
http://www.dubcreator.com for Dubplatesamplers
DC on Itunes, Juno, Rhapsody, spotify, Amazon.
DC Dubplate Downloads @ RMS
DC

Postby Shiloh-Ites Music » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:23 am

Top of the mountain was build, recorded and voiced at the Shiloh Ites studio in 1999-2000. King Shiloh used to run it on the sound for long time and we planned for an album release by that title. For some reason Brother Neil decided to use riddims from different studios and named the album Rasta man style.

Top of the mountain was later revoiced at DC's as the original Benjie voicings (that was gonna feature on the Top of the mountain album) did go missing in an HD crash.
Roots music for your heart and soul.
facebook.com/shilohites
soundcloud.com/shiloh-ites
shilohites.blogspot.com
Shiloh-Ites Music

Return to General discussion