Jah Woosh - Try A Thing info request

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Jah Woosh - Try A Thing info request

Postby pampasjudas » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:05 pm

hello there!

does anybody happen to know the original tune over which Jah Woosh toasts on "Try A Thing"?
maybe it's a pretty obvious one, but i just can't identify it!

give thanks!!!!!!!!
- pampas xx
Last edited by pampasjudas on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pampasjudas

Re: Jah Woosh - Try A Thing info request

Postby kalcidis » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Wes Brooks - Lay Down Your Arms (K&B 7" / Persist Records 7"). One of the finer roots songs I've heard in my life. Always felt that Jah Woosh deejay cut of it was a lost opportunity though since I really rate him but it's too bland both judging by delivery and lyrics.

Edit: Your link goes to a different song than the one in the title and I'm guessing you really mean »Try A Thing«.
kalcidis

Re: Jah Woosh - Try A Thing info request

Postby pampasjudas » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:23 pm

kalcidis wrote:Wes Brooks - Lay Down Your Arms (K&B 7" / Persist Records 7"). One of the finer roots songs I've heard in my life. Always felt that Jah Woosh deejay cut of it was a lost opportunity though since I really rate him but it's too bland both judging by delivery and lyrics.

Edit: Your link goes to a different song than the one in the title and I'm guessing you really mean »Try A Thing«.

THANKS SO MUCH, Kalcidis!!!
yeah, me too found Jah Woosh's cut quite understated, but immediately fell in love for the tune "underneath".
i'm so delighted you identified it for me.
and, yes, you're right, my youtube link was all wrong! :wink:

THANKS AGAIN!!!
- pampas. xx
pampasjudas

Return to General discussion