WINSTON SAMUELS "Be Prepared" 70s ROOTS VERSION

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

WINSTON SAMUELS "Be Prepared" 70s ROOTS VERSION

Postby Dagga DJ » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Greetings B&F Massive!!

I was just thinking of the great classic Ska tune "Be Prepared" by Winston Samuels and how I had once heard a ROOTS VERSION from the 70s on an old radio tape. I have not been able to find anything about the existence of this 45...let alone get a copy I could listen to forever!

If anyone out there's got the lowdown please post the info. Better yet, if someone can forward an mp3 (daggadj@cox.net) I'd be most indebted!!

Give thanks.

Bless-Dagga
Dagga DJ

Re: WINSTON SAMUELS "Be Prepared" 70s ROOTS VERSION

Postby Billy_Boom » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 pm

The version you're thinking of is probably the steppers cut on Clintones 12": Wynn Stone - Be Prepared b/w Love Attack. I didn't know "Be Prepared" was originally a ska number or that Winston Samuels has more releases. Thanks for the info. I'll send you "Be Prepared" when I find some time this week. "Love Attack" on the flip is a wild beast of a tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzXZAHn8Nwg
Billy_Boom

Re: WINSTON SAMUELS "Be Prepared" 70s ROOTS VERSION

Postby Dagga DJ » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Wow, give thanks for the quick reply...and the absolutely correct information!!! I now remember that my bredda wrote WIM STONE down for the cut...that's how he heard WYNN STONE over the radio. Classic.

Would really appreciate the mp3, looking forward to it!

Checked the flip and you are right BOOM TUNE!!! I know there's some nice Alton Ellis and Wailing Souls on the Clintones label, heavyweight selections.

Bless-Dagga
Dagga DJ

Return to General discussion