heptones / johnny osbourne you've lost that loving feeling

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

heptones / johnny osbourne you've lost that loving feeling

Postby croaking lizard » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 pm

greetings i have a couple of question regarding the above mentioned record which i acquired on the g clef label.

release date on the label says 1975 but is this a repress of an earlier (jamaican) recording or was this originally recorded in 1975?

what was the rhythm track used, it sounds very familiar, and i notice a bit of 'duppy conqueror' in it near the end. are there any other tunes on this rhythm?

does this really feature johnny osbourne as i don't seem to be able of recognising his voice.

thanks for any response.

give thanks

lizzy
croaking lizard

Re: heptones / johnny osbourne you've lost that loving feeli

Postby crimson flames » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:54 pm

is this the song you mean? its a studio one production. i cant hear johnny osbourne. and i see what you mean going towards the very end it has a very similar chord progression as duppy conqueror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiGJO1bmo7g
crimson flames

Postby Inyaki » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:51 pm

afaik that's the second recording (IMO much better than the Studio One) it was recorded 72-73
The bridge of the original uses the chords of Hang On Snoopy / Louie Louie....and the Wailers used them too ( and the ''ooh oohs'' ) for a few songs like Duppy Conqueror and Put It On.
No idea about the Johnny Osbourne .
Inyaki

Postby croaking lizard » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm

crimson flames wrote:is this the song you mean? its a studio one production. i cant hear johnny osbourne. and i see what you mean going towards the very end it has a very similar chord progression as duppy conqueror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiGJO1bmo7g

it's that song but a different take (faster and a more rolling bass). can't find it on youtube though.
croaking lizard

Postby croaking lizard » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Inyaki wrote:afaik that's the second recording (IMO much better than the Studio One) it was recorded 72-73
The bridge of the original uses the chords of Hang On Snoopy / Louie Louie....and the Wailers used them too ( and the ''ooh oohs'' ) for a few songs like Duppy Conqueror and Put It On.
No idea about the Johnny Osbourne .

so probably recorded 72-73 and then released 1975 on a canadian label.

johnny osbourne is credited but i can't really hear him maybe he's doing background vocals. i figured that this tune might have been recorded in canada as johnny osbourne was living there at the time. the riddim (besides the duppy conqueror part) sounds very familiar too but i can't pinpoint it.
croaking lizard

Return to General discussion