RANKING DEVON info request

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: RANKING DEVON info request

Postby Captain » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 pm

pampasjudas wrote:
j j wrote:The vocal cut to 'Fire Ago Burn Dem' is the Marble Tones 'Dread Lion' on Mighty Cloud 7". Ranking Devon also has some tunes on Mighty Cloud.
The All Nations tune mentioned by Mr Dalton also comes on a 12" on the Dance Beat label.
Also look out for the High Note 12" The Techniques - You Don't Care/I'm In The Mood For Love which has Devon toasting.
Captain who posts here (or used to), did an excellent compilation of RD's singles .......

cheers
j j

thanks a whole lot for the info!!!
yes, i did get a copy of the High Note 12", but haven't had the time to play it yet.
Captain did a great job indeed, actually i think it's thanks to him that i discovered Ranking Devon in the first place!
cheers!

You're welcome :-)
I don't have any background info on the artist unfortunately,

Captain
Captain

Postby Andrew L » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 pm

I believe Ranking Devon's given name is Devon Douglas and he was born in Kingston. He also appeared on a couple of Gemini sessions (late 1981 and early 1982) that are on our Who Cork The Dance site.

http://www.whocorkthedance.com/geminispecial.html

Andrew
WCTD
Andrew L

Postby pampasjudas » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Andrew L wrote:I believe Ranking Devon's given name is Devon Douglas and he was born in Kingston. He also appeared on a couple of Gemini sessions (late 1981 and early 1982) that are on our Who Cork The Dance site.

http://www.whocorkthedance.com/geminispecial.html

Andrew
WCTD

thanks Andrew!
i will definitely listen to those sessions.
i LOVE your site! amazing stuff.
pampasjudas

Previous

Return to General discussion