synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby adrians wall » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:55 am

Hi guys,

I want to buy a Synare 3 drum copy as shown in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJr_49kEccE

I know the guy who built the one in the video was selling them on ebay about 2 months ago which is how I found out about them and now I finally have some spare cash to actually afford one they aren't there anymore. I know there are at least 2 or 3 other people who are building them and you can get a kit from http://www.helensson.com/synare-3-kit.html but whilst I can do some basic soldering to keep my sound system running I don't really feel like I'm ready to start messing around with simple circuit boards let alone something this complicated.

So my question is has anyone got a Synare and if so where did you get it from and second does anyone know of anyone who is building them? I think there is a French guy and I have heard about an Italian guy who builds them, I don't think benidub does one (I already have one of his sirens) or Tsunami and this guy from the video is from eastern europe somewhere (maybe Czech Republic?)

Any info much appreciated.

Bless
adrians wall
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:11 pm
Location: Melbourne, OZ


Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby dougie conscious » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:09 pm

I like to see for 2014 someone build a new sound effcts with totally different sounds to the old shaka one
dougie conscious
 
Posts: 2535
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:05 pm

Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby ephteeay » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 am

That's been done and nobody wanted it.
ephteeay
 
Posts: 5640
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:01 am
Location: here & there

Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby adrians wall » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:01 am

dougie conscious wrote:I like to see for 2014 someone build a new sound effcts with totally different sounds to the old shaka one


Ive got some "synths" that I use on my sound system to make sounds similar to siren tones which are totally different from any of the readily available dub sirens but Im afraid they have been built to order by a friend and they will not be out on the general market as I want to keep those sounds specifically for myself and not have the same as everyone else which is the issue I think you are highlighting here.

The reason Im after a syndrum is more to do with the percussive pick up in it rather than trying to emulate Shaka, Im really interested is seeing what can be done having used a friends and thoroughly enjoyed it. The next thing for me to try and incorporate into a dub siren is a photosensitive element so you can bend the sound my moving your hand over siren itself, in combination with the percussive pick up this could make for some really fun stuff to play.
adrians wall
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:11 pm
Location: Melbourne, OZ

Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby skunkride » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:59 am

adrians wall wrote:The next thing for me to try and incorporate into a dub siren is a photosensitive element so you can bend the sound my moving your hand over siren itself

Used a pocket theremin in session few times, fun stuff but you gotta have one hand on the volume control as this unit produce a constant tone

Same model as this one here :
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/220/51062 ... c703_o.jpg
skunkride
 
Posts: 6436
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: South side, Tel-Aviv

Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby DC » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:31 am

Have such thermin as well and just built a switch on the output to switch on/off. More easy than the volume.

If you want something with a photosensitive element check an Alesis AirFX.. it's an Effect/filter thing wich you can tweak like that.
http://www.facebook.com/dubcreator
http://www.dubcreator.com for Dubplatesamplers
DC on Itunes, Juno, Rhapsody, spotify, Amazon.
DC Dubplate Downloads @ RMS
DC
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:13 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby DUBAHOLIC » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:37 pm

He builds the best ones. The rest aint quite the same..

His just relisted another unit.. ...


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Synare-3-PS3- ... 3a8998701c

Or hold tight just watch his page. He will have another up soon in the UFO style casing.
DUBAHOLIC
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:35 pm

Re: synare 3 drum copies - where to get them?

Postby adrians wall » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:23 am

DUBAHOLIC wrote:He builds the best ones. The rest aint quite the same..

His just relisted another unit.. ...


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Synare-3-PS3- ... 3a8998701c

Or hold tight just watch his page. He will have another up soon in the UFO style casing.


Yeah that was the guy I was looking for on ebay. I managed to find his email on an old youtube video he posted so got in contact and since then he put that up on ebay. He says he will have more UFO style ones finished next weekend so I will hopefully get one of those and once it arrives I will let you all know how it sounds and if its worth getting.

skunkride wrote:
adrians wall wrote:The next thing for me to try and incorporate into a dub siren is a photosensitive element so you can bend the sound my moving your hand over siren itself

Used a pocket theremin in session few times, fun stuff but you gotta have one hand on the volume control as this unit produce a constant tone

Same model as this one here :
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/220/51062 ... c703_o.jpg


Ive been looking at something like that but Im looking at using a photosensitive element to control pitch much in the same way as a pot would be turned on a normal siren so the closer I put my hand to the element the higher the pitch would be. Im not looking for something with as much control as a true theremin which works in 3d, my plan is only really to work in a 2d manner if that makes any sense.

DC wrote:Have such thermin as well and just built a switch on the output to switch on/off. More easy than the volume.

If you want something with a photosensitive element check an Alesis AirFX.. it's an Effect/filter thing wich you can tweak like that.


That looks interesting and definately something to hunt down in the future but not really what im after at the moment.
adrians wall
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:11 pm
Location: Melbourne, OZ


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests