Easton Clarke - Jah Say - Chanan-Jah RE, Ltd Ed, Signed

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Easton Clarke - Jah Say - Chanan-Jah RE, Ltd Ed, Signed

Postby dredlox76 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:18 pm

I've just been given the sole distribution of this tune - Jah Say by Easton Clarke on Chanan Jah (Repress) I've submitted it to discogs and im mainly selling it on there all the info is here : http://www.discogs.com/Easton-Clarke-Sl ... se/5199469
Its a beautiful press, plays loud and clear, signed by Easton himself (checkout the photo's on the discogs submission) and as should be some of the monies made from sales will be going directly to him. So any support would be much appreciated, any thoughts please let me know here or through Discogs, thanks
Dub and Unity
dredlox76

Re: Easton Clarke - Jah Say - Chanan-Jah RE, Ltd Ed, Signed

Postby goodvibes » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I think there is an error in the price... It's indicated as £35 instead of £3.5 ...
time will tell
goodvibes

Postby DeepSelector » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 am

yes think the same!
Uday Shankar "Give the audience what they like before they know what they like"

http://www.youtube.com/rootikalist
DeepSelector

Postby TruthTown » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:47 pm

I will buy 15 copies
TruthTown

Postby Ringo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:13 am

You can buy two copies of the original for that, at least. Didn't pay more than a fiver for mine.

Please explain why this reissue is worth £35.
Purple Radio - Every other Wednesday 6:30 - 8pm http://www.purple-radio.co.uk

Archive of old shows http://www.crytough.com/purple.html
Ringo

Postby Robin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:47 am

wow the price has dropped to 25 quids on discogs, implying the initial 35£ offer was serious. thats scary. As ringo says, the original copies dont go for much than a fiver. I got mine for 50 pence on a market stall in greenwich a few years back.

i wonder who is going to buy this???
Peace
http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Nyabin-Sound-System/201186136569072?sk=wall
http://www.myspace.com/vibescreator
Robin

Postby crimson flames » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:03 am

Robin wrote:wow the price has dropped to 25 quids on discogs, implying the initial 35£ offer was serious. thats scary. As ringo says, the original copies dont go for much than a fiver. I got mine for 50 pence on a market stall in greenwich a few years back.

what makes it even more ridiculous is that there are apparently only 240 copies, if he is able to drop the price of each record by £10 over night, it means he is comfortable reducing a potential income by £2,400!!! what a joke! the implication on his discogs blurb for the record implies that reason for the extravagantly high cost of the record is because he intended to give Easton Clarke a substantial cut from the revenue..its pretty clear that at the very least £2400 was never intended to go to Easton Clarke
this is a blatant rip off and a scam!
crimson flames

Postby TruthTown » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Ringo wrote:You can buy two copies of the original for that, at least. Didn't pay more than a fiver for mine.

Please explain why this reissue is worth £35.

i was joking, of course...i would never buy a new single for 35 quid (neither for 30, 25, 20,15...keep on)
TruthTown

Postby dredlox76 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 pm

crimson flames wrote:
Robin wrote:wow the price has dropped to 25 quids on discogs, implying the initial 35£ offer was serious. thats scary. As ringo says, the original copies dont go for much than a fiver. I got mine for 50 pence on a market stall in greenwich a few years back.

what makes it even more ridiculous is that there are apparently only 240 copies, if he is able to drop the price of each record by £10 over night, it means he is comfortable reducing a potential income by £2,400!!! what a joke! the implication on his discogs blurb for the record implies that reason for the extravagantly high cost of the record is because he intended to give Easton Clarke a substantial cut from the revenue..its pretty clear that at the very least £2400 was never intended to go to Easton Clarke
this is a blatant rip off and a scam!

No it's not a scam the reason I dropped the price was due to the negative comments etc, I then went back to the guy I'm selling them for who is friends with Easton and said we really need to drop the price, he agreed to the drop, I'm selling it on the basis of getting 20% the rest goes back, and I have to pay all discogs and PayPal fees out of that, so I don't think I'm ripping anyone off tbh , the guy who produced the release said that's the minimum he wants to sell it for cos of all the work , time and effort he's put in plus he wants to get as good a return for Easton as possible, obviously if your not happy with the price you don't buy it.
Dub and Unity
dredlox76

Return to New Release Announcements