I-Wayne - Living in Love (Version?)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

I-Wayne - Living in Love (Version?)

Postby kalcidis » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:40 am

Been listening to this modern classic today and realised that my single (VP 7") at home doesn't have the version on flip. Also seen it on Gibbo but don't know if that one has version. Anyone that has a clue if there is a version out there?
kalcidis

Re: I-Wayne - Living in Love (Version?)

Postby BMC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:49 am

I checked my database and this is what I have on the riddim:

Gibbo Hard Times Bushman How Can They Say Ginjah Manners
Gibbo Hard Times Capleton That Day Will Come Version Hard Times
Gibbo Hard Times Chuck Fenda Jah Is Worthy Version Hard Times
Gibbo Hard Times George Nooks Troubled Heart Bas Com X Lonely Heart
Gibbo Hard Times Luciano Silver And Gold I Wayne Living In Love
Gibbo Hard Times Richie Spice That Ghetto Girl Version Hard Times

So some of the 45s do have a version, but not the I Wayne, which came on the flip of the Luciano. Can't recall what the version is like though, haven't heard those b-sides in many years. Probably more an instrumental, as most where in those years.
BMC

Postby Reggie Love » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 am

Don't know about the version but a great riddim. Love the Capleton piece. Wasn't it one of Errol T's last productions.
Reggie Love

Postby kalcidis » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Found a copy of the I-Wayne from a guy living just a 10 minute bus ride from me. The flip of the single is titled Hard Times so I'm guessing it's a version. Thanks for the help BMC and yes, Reggie, the Capleton is nice but it's the I-Wayne that does it for me.
kalcidis

Postby johnnyB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:31 pm

The I Wayne has a straight version on the flip with bass cut off here and there.This riddim ruled the dance back in 2004!
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby BMC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Yep, big in 2004, Capleton still opens his shows with Jah Jah City and his cut on Hard Times.

Odd about the I Wayne though, I bought my copies of the riddim from JA (OJ's) when they first appeared and have the I Wayne on the flip of the Luciano. Soon turned out to be the most popular cut on the riddim together with the Capleton, possibly pressed a 2nd batch with the I Wayne alone with a version? Whatever it is, lovely tunes.
BMC

Postby Ital Dokta » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Got my copy on Gibbo as well with the Hard Times version on the flip and got it stateside from Ernie's. Don't recall a VP version at the time but wouldn't they typically put out a second release after a tune had been out on a JA pressing for a while and reached a certain level of popularity? I Wayne definitely tops on the riddim for me followed by Capleton and then I seem to remember Richie Spice bubbling under also.
Ital Dokta

Return to General discussion