Rupie Edwards - Dub Basket

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Rupie Edwards - Dub Basket

Postby capullo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:12 am

how do you rate this album? must be one of the very first dub albums before all that crazy dubbing style really took off. any opinions?
capullo

Re: Rupie Edwards - Dub Basket

Postby informer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:37 am

i once had dub basket 1&2 on rhino cd. the sound quality was below par (not very dynamic). a shame.
with better mastering i would rate a re-release very high.
'the one who cleans the s.h.i.t must remember it' (Lee Perry)
informer

Postby edgar » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm

I have vol 1 on vinyl. It's a really nice set, proper sound quality. Most tracks if not all also appeared on Cactus and Success 7"es as B sides if I'm not mistaken..

http://www.rupieedwards.com/Adventure.html
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby Werner » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 am

One of my absolute favorite dub albums. But only recommended if (like me) you like that bare-bone drum and bass sound of the first generation of dub LP's, without all the special effects.
The sleeve design of the original Cactus LP is simply beautiful as well, it's also one of my favorites in that respect :)
Werner

Return to General discussion