Vivian Weathers - Bad Weathers

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Vivian Weathers - Bad Weathers

Postby ice » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:56 pm

http://www.roots-archives.com/release/1028

recently stumbled across this record and was utterly surprised when I found out it was recorded in "the golden years" - to my ears the entire production sounds much more modern, so can anybody shed some more on light on this release? where was it recorded and who are the musicians?
ice

Re: Vivian Weathers - Bad Weathers

Postby kalcidis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Was listening to the album just a few days ago. It's a quite interesting set but I think that the vocals are lacking. Vivian does sound a bit like a reggae version of Randy Newman. Which is a shame because the rhythms are often quite nice on the set. There's no mentioning of studio on the sleeve but rather likely Gooseburry or similar since it's quite obviously a UK recording.
kalcidis

Postby patxiez » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:36 am

I have "Hip hug" on 7'' (I bought it just becaue I love the Slim Smith original) and it certainly sounds like a late 70s UK production. What's great is the version side, i guess it's the same as the last tune listed on the Lp, an hypnotic dub sounding somewhat like early wackies dubs.
patxiez

Postby JT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:55 am

I'm fairly sure that the Bad Weathers lp represents a lineup that is a pretty even mix of fellow original LKJ Poet and the Roots players and musicians that overlapped into Merger.

A couple of interesting Island 12" tracks w/ LKJ production are Just A Game and Married Woman.
JT

Return to General discussion