vibesmaster siren box

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby jethrocker » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:57 pm

So did you dig up the circuit somewhere or work it out from scratch??
I never heard the NJD, as far as I know anyway. Is it based on one of those old sound effects chips that are like a mini synth in one unit? I found a wicked data sheet on one..you could pretty much get any sounds you wanted out of it by getting a few of the right components around it. Wanted to have a play around and see what I could come up with, but only found the chips from a japanese supplier at 12 notes a peice, minimum order 30x.
jethrocker

Postby vibesmaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm

jethrocker this is a copy of a siren i already had , there is no chips in an njd :shock:

should have another look for them chips may be able to find them cheaper now :?
vibesmaster

Postby Werner » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 am

ok, so where are the sound files?
Werner

Postby jethrocker » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:55 pm

No chips? Not even an op amp... I'd be interested to see that, though I'm not sure i can believe it's a totally passive circuit.
Look forward to hearing some sound clips..

The Interruptor circuit is indeed very electronic sounding, and a little limited in choice of sounds-but most sirens sound pretty crap on their own..put them through the right fx and you get a nicer sound.
jethrocker

siren

Postby jahTaylor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:36 pm

I no the vibesmaster,Seen him workin on it, hes a wizard with electronics looks very complecated 2 do,siren sounds crisp waitin 2 c more inventions keep up the good work vibes :D
jahTaylor

Postby mskeete » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:50 pm

jethrocker wrote:No chips? Not even an op amp... I'd be interested to see that, though I'm not sure i can believe it's a totally passive circuit.

Jeth have you forgotten about transistors? You can make a simple siren from two transistors and a handful of other components
mskeete

Postby jethrocker » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 pm

Yeah..forgetting that. probably because I never built anything with transistors myself, apart from a little output amp to match signals in my first siren. (Which had two sections, one based on the interruptor circuit, the other using a chip available from maplin-the max8038 or something like that- that chip produces square/triangle/sine waves and has the potential to produce some interesting sounds, but I never took it further. The sine wave is more natural sounding than others..but i never got the right tone on it-sounded like wale song or something)

Sorry-talk about tangent...
jethrocker

Postby humble » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:27 pm

vibesmaster wrote:
dubateers wrote:Vibesmaster techinKal wizardy!!! :shock: 8)

:lol: trying :lol:

Yes I, ruff and tuff indeed.

Let me know when i can place my order.

Keep up the works bredren.

HT
humble

Re: vibesmaster siren box

Postby DUBAHOLIC » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Theres a Vibesmaster siren on ebay i see... Only a few were ever made so good to see one pop up for sale.
DUBAHOLIC

Postby StepDubStep » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:11 am

"ONLY 10 WERE EVER MADE!"

Ya. And he recieved money for at least 12 of them. Thanks again for stealing from me vibesmaster. How's life in cyber-hiding? :lol: :evil:
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Postby ITALMICK » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:15 am

did u not chase up vibesmaster to get your money back?
musically minded
ITALMICK

Postby StepDubStep » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 am

Of course I did. Unfortunately it is difficult to do from California. 6 years later, nothing. Someone resurrected the thread, so I welcome the opportunity to remind everyone that Glen/Vibesmaster is not a man of integrity, or his word. I know I'm not the only one he burned.
From a youth reggae inna me bloodstream, now a man reggae inna me system! From a boy reggae was my first joy, now a man reggae still number one!
StepDubStep

Previous

Return to General discussion