records that i'm not sure actually exist

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

records that i'm not sure actually exist

Postby RB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm

some records on my want list that i am not sure exist.

please confirm/deny if you have PROOF! and feel free to add your own list of such mythical beasts.

thanks in advance.

black uhuru - youths of eglinton 7" - not sure of the (potential) label, but i've heard some say that a canadian press 7" exists...seems doubtful? dub exists on Island 10". would be great if there was a single of this, bad bad tune.

carl meeks - red eye lover (sunset 7" / 'computer' rhythm) foggy memory of this in a telegift ebay auction circa 2005/6ish...never spotted again, beginning to think i imagined it. anyone? with the insane amount of Harry J digital 7"s out there i am inclined to trust my memory, there's several Harry J 7"s i've only ever seen 1-5 times in the past decade.

delroy wilson - dum dum (mello's 7") pretty sure this exists, but every copy i've ever seen plays "it's a shame" not "dum dum." anyone with a copy that plays 'dum dum' to confirm?

i roy - welding (mello's 7") various copies w/ mello's labels of the peacocks and flick wilson tunes, that play welding...never seen a copy on mello's with correct i-roy credit tho...Jojo cannot recall if such a thing exists.

jah pops - seventy two different nation (shelter rock 7") have a copy on Miami Records that plays tony brevett - just been feeling bad on the flip (pops & brevett were boys in this era, doesn't surprise), also seen it on blank with more than one diff. tune on the b-side...never seen a labeled copy on shelter rock or a copy on any label, that has a dub...does this exist with a version side? Jah Pops told me it does, but doesn't have a copy. (shelter rock label was originally him + big joe).

trevor byfield - are you ready (s&w soul king 12" canadian press) this is in RKR, and mentioned in trevor's bio as written by rootical dubber. otherwise never seen a copy and oddly not on the internet. likely exists tho. i need a copy if anyone is holding. also issued on orange label Fox Fire 7" (JA)

viceroys - join the club (Leggo sounds 7" JA) 90s digital tune. it's on their CD-only album, Leggo can't recall if it was issued on 7". hope it was.

vivian jackson & the prophets - jah love (hot city 7" JA) all copies of this i've seen play either errol alphonso - chant jah victory, or tappa zukie - natty dread on the mountain top. yabby you might be the worst offender in reggae history for mis-titling via label recycling, but this seems to be the biggest one to me. the question is this - does a pressing with this label exist that DOES NOT play one of the aforementioned tunes, and if so, does it play 'love of jah' aka 'love of jehovah' (as titled on Globe Intl) or maybe 'warn the nation' (?) or maybe another tune altogether? i asked this question here -
http://bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic. ... 27&start=0
to no avail.
RB

Re: records that i'm not sure actually exist

Postby russ d » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 pm

dont know about any of the others but `viceroys - join the club` came on nice `n easy 7"....
http://www.talawa.fr/media/disciples-broadcast-29-OW9vv
Disciples on Bandcamp: http://russdisciples.bandcamp.com/

Facebook: russ disciple

Twitter russ disciple: @russdisciple

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sargantbrown
russ d

Postby jb welda » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:48 pm

I don't know about the others but I am pretty certain no uhuru single exists of youths of eglington. I don't have any proof other than that I don't have it and have never seen it and have been specifically collecting black uhuru and mykal rose records since back when he joined uhuru and they made it big. as you mention a dub version was issued on a 10" but to my knowledge that's it.

if you do turn it up please let me know.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby RB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 pm

russ - thanks!!!
RB

Postby formula » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:21 pm

dont have any answer for you RB, excuse me for that. but what about delroy gibbons - love light sound
and chester coke - sons of slaves ?? titles already discussed in the past, but maybe are there some news ??
formula

Postby message_music » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:01 pm

been looking for someone who knows about the love light shine for years now, dont think it exists.
message_music

Postby DeepSelector » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

there's some tunes i'm not sure they exist even if i have them :lol:

To me the chester coke - sons of slaves is just a funny legend put around for nothing
Uday Shankar "Give the audience what they like before they know what they like"

http://www.youtube.com/rootikalist
DeepSelector

Postby guillaumebougard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:47 pm

jb welda wrote:I don't know about the others but I am pretty certain no uhuru single exists of youths of eglington. I don't have any proof other than that I don't have it and have never seen it and have been specifically collecting black uhuru and mykal rose records since back when he joined uhuru and they made it big. as you mention a dub version was issued on a 10" but to my knowledge that's it.

if you do turn it up please let me know.

one love
jb

I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to see your list of BU stuff covering the MR period. I f ucking love BU from that period.
https://www.facebook.com/slyandrobbieofficial
guillaumebougard

Postby dougie conscious » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm

the youths of elington,may appear on a 12inch this year with dub
dougie conscious

Postby dan i dubdub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 pm

same dub as was on the 10"?
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby reggaepostman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi RB,
I actually do own the Trevor Byfiel one, please send me an email regarding this.

Greets, Hans AKA Reggepostman
reggaepostman

Postby vane » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:35 pm

'Your love is a game' by Dave Barker. Pressure Sounds released it on a comp in the 90's so it does exist, but I've never seen a copy on Techniques or any other JA label.
vane

Postby russ d » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 pm

dave barker - your love is a game...came on a 90`s (i think, but could`ve been early 00`s, cant exactly remember) techniques 7" pressing, other side of techniques - love is not a gamble.
Disciples on Bandcamp: http://russdisciples.bandcamp.com/

Facebook: russ disciple

Twitter russ disciple: @russdisciple

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sargantbrown
russ d

Postby vane » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks for that, I'll look out for it. I assume it's a 70's tune though, so it may have been unreleased.
vane

Postby Vinnie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:57 pm

been looking for some tunes aswell but since i have never seen them around i wonder if they do exist:

dennis brown - the lord is my shephard 7" exterminator (completely different riddim than the 12" greensleeves)
Ajah - sun , air & trees
ras imru - shy one 7" ('96)
johnny clarke - stop them jah 12" hawkeye (different cut than the 12" on blackjoy)
yami bolo - jah made them all/big yard dub 7" live&learn '86 (same cut as album so not the techniques cut)
bim sherman - its just a dream 12 channel one (only saw the 7" re)
yabby you - jah over I 7" vivian jackson (ive heard a dub of this)
johnny clarke - party time (lyrics go something like "we are going to a paaaarty" only heard shaka run this)
Vinnie

Next

Return to General discussion