jonah dan meditation rock (question for Russ D)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

jonah dan meditation rock (question for Russ D)

Postby formula » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 pm

when was this one repressed please? bought my copy in 2003/4, is it first press or repress?

thanks in advance
formula

Re: jonah dan meditation rock (question for Russ D)

Postby ITALMICK » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Abba Christos Tafari Records - 1996
musically minded
ITALMICK

Postby formula » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:07 pm

yes ITALMICK, just want to know if my copy is first press (so 1996) or repress, as i can't find any difference by online photos.
didn't even know there was a repress of the tune.. just want to do things properly as this one will be sold as well as other stuff.
formula

Postby russ d » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 pm

its been repressed a few times over the years... the original press had one of the dubs titled as `aba-shanti special mix`, the later repress had it replaced with `inner sanctuary mix`, also he replaced one of the symbols in a circle to an ankh... i think the print is a little bolder than the original press as im sure i scanned the original label to make the changes (he did`nt have the original artwork to work off) and when doing so i had to give the image a little xtra resolution...

i see some youtube vids that mention aba had a hand in the tune, but it was in fact made entirely at the disciples studio... the original idea is of course jonahs, i think he played the bassline (difficult to remember after all these years), i came up with some of the lead melodies and played them, jonah was behind me urging me on during the mixing.
Disciples on Bandcamp: http://russdisciples.bandcamp.com/

Facebook: russ disciple

Twitter russ disciple: @russdisciple

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sargantbrown
russ d

Postby formula » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 pm

give thanks
formula

Return to General discussion