Record shops/events in ROME

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Record shops/events in ROME

Postby Jugz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:27 am

Morning all. I'll be in Rome for a week and would like to come back with some choice souvenirs of the plastic variety if possible.

Any record shop recommendations (reggae or otherwise)? Any good event's/nights to check out? (I'll be there from Saturday onwards)?

Grazie tante!

J
Jugz

Re: Record shops/events in ROME

Postby TruthTown » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 am

Last time I visited Rome, I was in "One Love" reggae shop, in San Lorenzo. Only reggae records.
TruthTown

Postby johnnyB » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:38 am

One Love Records is not there anymore.No reggae shops left inna Rome :cry:
For events check calendar here: http://www.reggae.it/
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby TruthTown » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 am

what a pity...it was a nice shop.
TruthTown

Postby ephteeay » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 am

"the shop nearby 1love music corner is

Disfunzioni Musicali
Via Degli Etruschi 4
06 4461984 - 06 4441461
http://www.disfu.com/

just a couple of street away. Sometimes, you can find some nice used items, plus LPs/cds/singles most 10/12" that 7", not a big choice but sometimes I've catch some little gems there. Anyway, not properly a "reggae-shop"...

As you are comin from the UK I suppose, you definitely dont need to pass trough us and our little distro (not well updated right now) and is much more easier for you to cross the road and find fresh uk vynils. We work mostly for the local massive

Unfortunately Fouronethree no sessions planned for that period for us, here after summer things starts moving in the second half of september. If you are into bashment, OneLove is opening on thursday the 14 their season in the place Olli was mentioning and this is the one and only event for that 5 days:

TOP A TOP REGGAE CLUB
BRANCALEONE
Via levanna 11
Roma

and yes ephteeay: english is definitely not the second language for italians, but you can be lucky sometimes...

Bless to all the boardies
Respect
Luka

from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17787
ephteeay

Postby realrock hi-fi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:15 am

greets, the 14 of this month jahman record shop will open the gate for the first time, located in via del pigneto 196, near termini station.
located in a funk, soul and jazz record shop got a good choice of 12"/7"/10" and Lp, with a good taste in the choice.

The 21, at csoa auro e marco in spinaceto, this sound, realrock hi-fi , will play roots and dub with sound system in traditional way, playin vinyl and also live dub mixing set with I Neurologici.
8 euro with vital supper or, after 11:00 pm 2 euro's at door. if you want reach the place contact me.

There`s also a pub called dread lion, in via dello scalo di s.lorenzo, nice music and walls covered with crucial lp sleeves. open all night since 7:00 pm

Another record shop is RADIATION, located in Pigneto near the Jahman Record Shop, got mainly punk, but got also a good choice of roots reggae lp from labels like greensleeves, jamaican recordings, vp and others label. few 12" / 10" / 7" selection.

On sunday morning you can have a walk at Porta Portese Market located near Piramide Station, where sometimes you can find rare reggae records and electronic componentes for good price, beware of thief.

Disfunzioni Musicali is no longer with us anymore since 4 or 5 years, One Love from 2 years. Also the Brancaleone is not a roots reggae venue since a decade, just something but commercial thing. On

If you need help for other, just pm and I will try to help you someway.
http://realityrocker.blogspot.com/
realrock hi-fi

Postby johnnyB » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:25 pm

greets, the 14 of this month jahman record shop will open the gate for the first time, located in via del pigneto 196, near termini station.

Questa é una bella notizia! Venderete anche online?
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby realrock hi-fi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm

to JUGZ:

jahman record is on via del pigneto 116 (not 196) and record shop where got the space in is called BLUTOPIA.

No, non seguo personalmente il negozio, sicuramente è da supportare l'iniziativa, chi la gestisce è king doble, lo puoi contattare attraverso i canali noti.
http://realityrocker.blogspot.com/
realrock hi-fi

Postby Jugz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks very much for the info!!
Jugz

Postby skunkride » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:27 pm

and yes ephteeay: english is definitely not the second language for italians

After a week in Sicily i can certainly confirm that...
Grabbing something to eat turned out to be a serious detective work - thank god for smartphones & google image search ! :wink:
skunkride

Return to General discussion