Gifts from Ebay sellers

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Gifts from Ebay sellers

Postby Mark T » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:00 am

Surprisingly I have now twice received gifts from Ebay sellers - a second, free 7" in the package.
I was well excited until I realized (perhaps unsurprisingly) that the actual purchase was nowhere near the grading advertised and thus the extra 7" was meant to mitigate my frustration/anger.
It seems a given with almost all sellers of vinyl that they think their vinyl is much better than it actually is - though I bought some pieces recently from a seller called Rootstonic and I thought he graded excellently.
Mark T
Mark T

Re: Gifts from Ebay sellers

Postby Mick Sleeper » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:58 am

Someone that I buy from regularly gave me one of those cool "The HEAVY sounds are on DYNAMIC" record sleeves when I asked for one. 8)
Without music, life is an error. (Nietzsche)
Bass Culture: http://podcast.upsetter.net
Eternal Thunder: http://www.upsetter.net/scratch
Mick Sleeper

Postby Ras Berry » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 am

I bought an album from a seller in Japan once and he included with it a Japanese pressing of Wire's "Chairs Missing"

I've had the occasional promo CD stuck in with parcels too

8)
Ras Berry

Postby ephteeay » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:29 am

I once got 'UB40 'I Got You Babe' 12" as a gift cos the seller took so long to send me the (underground heavyweight one-away roots) record I had bought. I found it quite offensive & reported him to ebay
ephteeay

Postby kalcidis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 am

I've gotten some very nice stuff as gifts. Mostly when I've placed large orders. I used to try to sneak in an extra record or so when I sent records to people ... but then the shipping increase hit in Sweden and it went from €8 for sending one 12" to €11 and an extra record just pushed it up above €17. No more nice guy.
kalcidis

Postby Ringo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:30 am

ephteeay wrote:I once got 'UB40 'I Got You Babe' 12" as a gift cos the seller took so long to send me the (underground heavyweight one-away roots) record I had bought. I found it quite offensive & reported him to ebay

Quite right FTA :)
Purple Radio - Every other Wednesday 6:30 - 8pm http://www.purple-radio.co.uk

Archive of old shows http://www.crytough.com/purple.html
Ringo

Postby Sinai Sound » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am

I've had people use random 7"s as stiffeners before!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SinaiSound
Sinai Sound

Postby John Eden » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

I like it when people chuck in a couple of random flyers or wrap stuff up in a local newspaper.
John Eden

Postby marmalade » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

i've thrown in an extra couple of 7" for a guy who bought a few bundles of represses off me - it's nice to be nice :)

also had the extra 7" cos of overgrading - annoying cos the one i wanted was VG not Ex, and the free 7" wasn't one i wanted or liked that much!

talking of overgrading, bought a three figure 7" before the weekend, graded at Ex and one side was VG- so i opened a case and asked for a partial refund - and oh dear, eBay and PayPal have stopped him from selling for the time being - from his messages to me i gather the seller is a not happy chap :wink:
marmalade

Postby Mark T » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 am

Well obviously getting a UB40 record is a massive insult and I haven't had to suffer that kind of rudeness...
I can't say I'm too bent out of shape as you pay your money and take your chances and I never really spend big dollars - and it never seems worthwhile sending it back if it's come from overseas. I suppose what is annoying is the realization that the seller knew they were over grading an item all along - but then again, we all make mistakes sometimes.
I can certainly appreciate records for stiffeners and interesting wrapping.
Mark T
Mark T

Postby jb welda » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:52 am

I think somewhere along the way someone hit the "satire" switch and now its off. I thought that was hilarious. and "I got you babe", man what the hell were they thinking.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Mark T » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:40 am

jb - I took all the UB40 comments as pure tongue in cheek - didn't bother with an emoticon as I thought it was obvious (I'm hearing the conversation with a British tone).
Mark T
Mark T

Return to General discussion