Sly & Robbie + Taxi Gang Live in Paris

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Sly & Robbie + Taxi Gang Live in Paris

Postby guillaumebougard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Check the soundboard recording of the July 30, 2013 show at Cabaret Sauvage in Paris with Sly & Robbie + Taxi Gang + Stepper + Khalifa + Bitty McLean + Johnny Osbourne + Michael Rose

http://www.mixcloud.com/SlyandRobbie/sl ... hael-rose/
Guillaume Bougard
guillaumebougard

Re: Sly & Robbie + Taxi Gang Live in Paris

Postby jb welda » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

I would love to hear this clear through but I am out in the country and got a crap connection. any chance you will post this somewhere it can be downloaded from (please not talawa, I have never been able to get anything from there despite having an account)? what I heard of it sounded great but it keeps getting interrupted for 30 seconds at a time by my carrier.

thanks and does sound spectacular with some of my favorite artists.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby ice » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:27 pm

who is in their current lineup?
ice

Postby guillaumebougard » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:13 am

ice wrote:who is in their current lineup?

it hasnt changed in many many years

Drums = Sly
Bass = Robbie
Guitar = Darryl Thompson
Keyboards = Bubbler Waul
Trombone = Nambo Robinson
Sax = Stepper

sometimes one is missing due to injury and is replaced or not:

Ansel Collins and Lenky have replaced Bubbler,
Mikey Chung, Eugene Grey and, last month, Dave Shul have replaced Darryl on occasions
Guillaume Bougard
guillaumebougard

Postby jb welda » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:25 pm

so I guess no download then? pity. maybe you could email it to me in return for pointing out that mastering mistake on the taxi gang half pint etc release?

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby guillaumebougard » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am

jb welda wrote:so I guess no download then? pity. maybe you could email it to me in return for pointing out that mastering mistake on the taxi gang half pint etc release?

one love
jb

email me at gbougard@gmail.com
Guillaume Bougard
guillaumebougard

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 am

Masters at work. Mixcloud is wack and does them a disservice.
Reg

Postby Reggie Love » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks for posting - great stuff.

Saw Bitty Mclean last night at the Jazz Cafe in London. What a treat, what a voice, what a privelege to hear that voice at such close quarters, I was blown away. He also comes across as such a humble and humorous man.
I would love to see him with Sly & Robbie, but the band last night were top notch too. Stepper from the Taxi gang was on Sax and Henry Tenyue played trombone, there was also another sax player. Not sure who the drummer, bassie, keyboard or guitar players were.
Bitty played mostly from On Bond Street and Moving on - The Queen Majesty riddim was a particular highlight but everything sounded superb. He also brought Lee Thompson and another guy from his band on to do Bangarang and Bitty's version of Fu Manchu.

They were selling the new album 'taxi sessions' last night and on first listen its another winner. Another few rootical tracks on there too and some familiar Sly and Robbie riddims.

For me it has helped make up for Beres pulling out of the Brixton show in July, Big up Bitty Mclean, what a star. It certainly looked like you made a few people very happy last night.
Reggie Love

Return to General discussion