Mickey Simpson - Mystery LP?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Mickey Simpson - Mystery LP?

Postby gunosantos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Ok folks,

After a few years trying (without any success) to find any info upon this, and always keeping the secret (as it was asked for me to do so) since when I was fortunate enough to get this recording, I finally decided it was time to (partially) reveal what I believe is a truly hidden gem never released before.

Please don't ask me how did I get a hold of this recording. If the guy who owns this ever finds out I'm posting it here I'd probably get killed... LOL

This was taken from a cassette recording, and since the quality of the recording is pretty bad I wouldn't be surprised if this was recorded LIVE in the studio where the tracks were being recorded. I really don't know.

This is supposed to be the only full lenght LP by Mickey Simpson that was supposed to come out but never actually did. Probably recorded in the late 70's or early 80's. Most of the tracks were released either as 7" or 12" single, but some versions are quite different from the singles release. Some tracks were also released on the CD titled "Mixed Up Moods", but again versions are totally different. Also, there's a few TOTALLY UNKNOWN tracks wich I never found any infos about them over the net or anywhere else.

The way the tracks are grouped together in the recording I was given, and the similarity of the sound (band/studio/producer) makes me believe it was supposed to be an LP, and it's not just a collection of singles. Also because there's a few tracks i've never heard of being released in any form.

There's two tracks that are incomplete and some of them have a few "cuts" in the middle of it. As I said the quality is really poor, but still you can see and hear how rootsy this "album" is.

IMO, if this group of tracks were ever released properly as a full lenght LP, it would certainly be one of the strongest roots reggae sets EVER in reggae history.

As I said, some of the tracks are incomplete, others have a few parts missing. But as I said, this is very very rare stuff and so I couldn't simply put all the complete tracks here. So I've made a little short mix with about 30 to 45 seconds of each track, in the exact same order as in the recording I was given.

You can download this mix at the following link:
http://www.leggorockers.com/downloads/c ... e9fdf35f8e

I came out with the names of each track in the order they are in my recording and in the mix. Some of the track names I took from the officially released singles, and others I didn't know I simply supposed these were the track titles. Those I'm not sure will have a (?) question mark after the track title.

So, here is the track list of this mysterious Mickey Simpson LP:

01 - Time (?)
02 - She's Gone
03 - Arise Blackman (?)
04 - Let There Be Love
05 - Don't Cry
06 - Reggae Feeling (Rock To The Rhythm)
07 - Some More (?)
08 - Good Good Loving (Honey It's You)
09 - Low Dem
10 - We Can Make It

If any of you have any info, any story about this supposed LP, or simply would like to share your opinions on this extremely rare recordings I would be very pleased to have your insights on this mysterious LP.

Maybe some very knowledgeable person in here can share some info and enlighten this mystery? I'm really curious to see....

Either way, hope you enjoy.

All the best,

==================
Listen to RASTA.COM.BR radio
gunosantos

Postby edgar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:19 pm

can´t download it because mr leggo-rocker limited his downloads in an extreme way (1 or 2 kb per sec.. ) you might try rapidshare or something like that..
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby gunosantos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:24 pm

I guess you have to create an account and then login with your account to have the normal speed download.

Anyway, if you don't want to do that I also uploaded it on rapidshare so here you go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/358437370/M ... P.mp3.html

==================
gunosantos

Postby martin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:15 pm

greetings i think it can be the lp jah woosh have produce with mikey simpson on 70's and never release . dont cry have been release on original music 7" a few years back you can also find dub of it on soundsystem dub lp on original music
i get the chance to hear tune from it on tape a few years back sound great
jah woosh say he gonna release it one day as he heve mastr tape for it so be patient good things come to those who wait
marin deep roots dist
martin

Postby martin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 pm

after hear it i m sure its the lp jah woosh have play to me
you can find low them+dub on original music 7"
martin

Postby gunosantos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 pm

martin wrote:greetings i think it can be the lp jah woosh have produce with mikey simpson on 70's and never release . dont cry have been release on original music 7" a few years back you can also find dub of it on soundsystem dub lp on original music
i get the chance to hear tune from it on tape a few years back sound great
jah woosh say he gonna release it one day as he heve mastr tape for it so be patient good things come to those who wait
marin deep roots dist

This is really great news, I thought this master tapes were long lost like many other cases we know... let's hope one day Jah Woosh will be able to finally release this gem.

Thanks for sharing the info Martin.

Respect,

==================
gunosantos

Re: Mickey Simpson - Mystery LP?

Postby Cold Sweat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 pm

another Mickey Simpson tune, one that I didn't spot in the list, is featured on pressurebeat.com

http://pressurebeat.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... -come.html
http://pressurebeat.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pressurebeatblog
Cold Sweat

Return to General discussion