word sound power --- robert tribulation

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

word sound power --- robert tribulation

Postby message_music » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:24 pm

just thought id make a thread for west londons finest . . . . . after first seeing robert a few years back on the recommendation of friends i went and checked him in brixton against muffet. . . . . was a bad bad dance and i made sure from then on id always try and reach his dances. His sound system for me is the best, loudd, excellent clarity and alot of weight without being deafening. but the thing that i really love about robert is the fact hes willing to play dubplates from any period in the last 20 years all night long..... in my opinion certain sounds are afraid of playin robert , , , , no one wants to play him 1 fi 1 at least !

personally think promoters arent booking people with their ears. . . . im not naming names and i think every sound out there is doing there bit for the scene so full power to them. but some of these sounds just arent to the same standard. i made a similar thread about aba needing to play on his own more because uod isent doing it for me... hope this thread may have a similar effect and at least get people talking about uks most underated sound atm.

for me the best sounds in the country atm

aba shanti - best mixture of dubplate and plastic. . . . . most similar to vibe to shaka while still hearing lots of dubplates

word sound power - said all i need to say, if you dont know just do urself a favour and check him !

young warrior - seen him 3 or 4 times now, impressed with how much hes improved, very good on the mic and seriously rate his productions..... always here deadly dubs from him. wouldent expect no less from shaka crew

jah shaka - still gives of a unique vibe that everyone wishes they could have. no one can run dance like him.
message_music

Re: word sound power --- robert tribulation

Postby rootscrusader » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:39 pm

" uks most underrated sound" +1
word sound power in my opinion has been the top sound for a long long time ( sound quality, tunes and vibes). As you mentioned, sound wise I haven't heard any system compare, even the sounds that play out every week cant touch him on sound quality. seen a lot of haters comment about wsp being distort etc which I don't agree with at all, been hearing word sound power for years now and have never heard anything sound distort, the sound plays hard. if you haven't experienced this sound I advise you to.

the whole issue with promoters and lack of bookings for this sound has become more evident in recent years, not sure why it is but it needs changing, nuff big sessions run in the UK and I rarely see wsp on the line ups, been to dances and seen sounds play 90's plastic all night been to other sessions where sounds play the same 9 bar loops over and over again, nt badmouthing them every sound should have turn so why no one book wsp?

good post, and well needed. many people say that the best session for a while was aba meets word sound power in Bristol, so how come that only happened once, when I seen other places the same line ups get rinsed.
rootscrusader

Postby charasi-i » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Would have to agree with this , would like to hear W.S.P. play out more . Don't know / understand why this isn't the case . Shame as seriously heavyweight sound inmo .
Alakh ! Bam Bam Bholanath ! Bom Shiva !
charasi-i

Postby ITALMICK » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:47 pm

HAVE TO SAY I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS.
FIRST SAW WSP IN SESSION MAY 2006. NEVER FORGET THAT DANCE WSP WAS SUPPOSE TO BE PLAYING KING EARTHQUAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SOUTHALL COMMUNITY CENTRE...ERROL DID NOT TURN UP,SO ROBERT PLAYED THE SESSION. REMEMBER THE PLACE WAS RAMMD CORNER TO CORNER.. AND ROBERT WAS LETTING OF SOME DUBPLATE PRESSURE!!!
BEEN FOLLOWING WSP ALL OVER UK AND EVEN A FEW SESSIONS IN EUROPE.

HAVE SEEN WSP PLAY ALOT OF SOUNDS. AND HIS SOUND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST HEAVIEST AND CARRIES THE MOST CLEANIST CLARITY.

ROBERTS SELECTION IS 100% NICENESS.

HAVE HURD MANY STORIES FROM MY UNCLES WHO HAVE BEEN LISTNING TO ROBERT TRIBULATION SINCE THE EARLY DAYS 80S FROM WHEN ROBERT WAS RUNNING GREAT TRIBULATION SOUND. ALSO FROM EARLY 90S WHEN HE STARTED WSP SOUND.

ONE UNCLE DID TELL ME ROBERT WAS ALWAYS THE FIRST SOUND MAN TO TRY AND TEST NEW EQUIPMENT IN THE DANCE..... HE DID ALSO SAY IN THEM DAYS WSP PROMOTIONS WOULD ALWAYS BE THE RUFFEST SESSIONS ALONG WITH SHAKA DANCES IN WEST LONDON.

HAVE SEEN ALOT OF OLD WSP PROMOTION FLYERS WICH HAVE ABA SHANTI IN SESSION...IRATION STEPPAS IN SESSION..DISCIPLES IN SESSION ETC...

NOW DAYS U SEE THE SAME BORING LINE UPS EVERY JUST IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.. THEN PROMOTERS ARE SCRATCHIN THEIR HEADS THINKIN WHYS THE PLACE EMPTY??????????

IT SEEMS LIKE PROMOTERS DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLES EARS.

TILL THIS DAY ROBERTS ALWAYS SUPPORTING THE YOUTHMAN SOUNDS THE YOUTHMAN PRODUCERS..ALWAYS HELPING ANY ONE IN THE SCENE...
ALOT OF RUMOUR SPREADING HAS BEEN GOING ON FROM HUMBLE SOUNDMEN AND IT NEEDS TO STOP. WSP NEED MORE DATES. SO DO ALOT OF OTHER SOUNDS. SOUNDSYSTEM CULTURE IS SUPPOSE TO BE FILLED WITH UNITY.. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE SOUNDS DONT WUNNA PLAY OTHER SOUNDS IF THEY HAVE A LOUDER SOUND OR PLAY A BETTER SELECTION.................. ONE LOVE TO ALL JAH PEOPLE....
musically minded
ITALMICK

Postby DUBAHOLIC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Up there with one of my favourite operators. Love seeing Robert play. Knows how to run a sound. Always entertains me whens his on the pre.
Large up Robert Tribulation, Word Sound & Power.

Friday just gone i got to see him play a dance on his own all night. 3 scoop ting, Ruffed it up!!! I was there for the very first tune and still there for the last. Killer session.

WSp in Bristol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfjBzjHJC7c

WSP in Southend - http://youtu.be/z1Mv3dDq9MI

Lil stack on friday @ Southend...

Big stack @ Tudor Rose.
DUBAHOLIC

Postby ITALMICK » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 pm

:D
musically minded
ITALMICK

Postby Leo5 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:42 am

i think nuff sounds won't take a date with robert because they might get embarassed or locked off and they know they are not up to the test. 'peace and love' is their excuse :roll: ...truth be told.
Leo5

Postby DUBAHOLIC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:25 pm

DUB MACHINE !!!!
DUBAHOLIC

Postby message_music » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I think it's because when you see Robert playing other sounds he plays in a way where it almost feels like he's bullying other sounds.... Literally. I think he should be getting booked at university of dub no question. I would wanna see Robert Aba and roots injection at the scala...... That would be a wicked dance. No disrespect to other sounds but the whole point of uod was to represent the uk roots scene and nowadays your getting European sounds getting loads of bookings and some new sounds but some of the best uk sounds not getting a chance to represent their corner. Wagwan to that ? I hear lots of stories of dances in the olden days where sounds were going for it against each other and there was a very competitive nature amongst soundmen. However I can't say that for my generation of dances and it feels like a completely different t vibe to what I hear of back in the day.

Also wanna say a shout out to one of IMO the best youthman sounds in the uk ital power. Grown up with these boys as friends and seen them play against the likes of Jonah dan, alpha, russ d and others and seen them improve massively... They for Me are just more evidence that there's lots of sounds out there with something fresh and exciting but not many people are giving them a chance. The scene can only stagnate if the right sounds are not getting bookings. Everyone deserves a chance so lets give them one ! Another shout out to eastern roots, excellent young producer.... Will tee eastern roots ital mick n shash and dub conductor are the future of the sound. We need to be behind them and support the fresh talent for the scene to really amd truly thrive.

BLESS
message_music

Postby pinup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 pm

message_music wrote:there's lots of sounds out there with something fresh and exciting but not many people are giving them a chance.

Agreed.

I saw Ballistic Rootikal in Bedford on saturday, very impressed with them considering they're a fairly young sound.
pinup

Postby charasi-i » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 am

+1 for WSP at UNOD , would love to hear Robert play with Aba , that would be ruff . There should be more variation at UNOD , it just seems to be the same sounds all the time with not that much variety .
Alakh ! Bam Bam Bholanath ! Bom Shiva !
charasi-i

Postby nitz in dub » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Robert is a tuff tuff Soundman.
+1 Pinup Ballistic are ruff n tuff. They know their sound trust me. Their scoops are killer!!!!
nitz in dub

Postby pinup » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:02 am

nitz in dub wrote:Robert is a tuff tuff Soundman.
+1 Pinup Ballistic are ruff n tuff. They know their sound trust me. Their scoops are killer!!!!

Myself and a few friends will hopefully be doing a kind of culture clash with them in the new year.

I think we're going to need more power :?
pinup

Return to General discussion