Konshens & Romain Virgo - We No Worry 'Bout Them

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby BMC » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:41 pm

For some the thrill might be gone, I'm still loving numerous recent releases with JA singers. :D So for some recent input to the board: Out for a while already, but still loving this tune at the moment for which a video just appeared: We No Worry 'Bout Them by Konshens & Romain Virgo (Maximum Sounds). Wicked tune, which Romain brings in his live set as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQyGMHNR614

Tin Mackerel riddim, out on 3 45s, with on it:

Tony Curtis - Number One Sound
Cecile - My Flow
Mr Vegas, Natel & Major Mackerel - Flash Up Unu Lighta
Major Mackerel - Tie Him Up
Burro Banton - Can't Get Me Out

Frenchie at it again and again and again... :!:
BMC

Re: Konshens & Romain Virgo - We No Worry 'Bout Them

Postby loyaljester » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Sounds very similar to Necessary Mayhems "Come Down" riddim (which is of course based on Super Cat's classic) but that one was great so why not give it another shot... Frenchie can always be trusted to deliver the goods when it comes to quality productions and picking the right artists... cool video too.
loyaljester

Postby capullo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:26 pm

WOW! thanks for that post! love it!
capullo

Postby Reggie Love » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Big up Frenchie every time. Still enjoying his album with Captain Sinbad.
Reggie Love

Postby BMC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:27 pm

loyaljester wrote:Sounds very similar to Necessary Mayhems "Come Down" riddim (which is of course based on Super Cat's classic) but that one was great so why not give it another shot...

Good call, that was a tuff riddim from Curtis Lynch (always loved the Super Cat!), particularly Million Stylez & Joey Fever's Young Gunz.
BMC

Postby riddleithat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:33 am

BMC wrote:I'm still loving numerous recent releases with JA singers.

Agree with ya there BMC! I'm pretty happy that I like [almost] all styles and eras of Jamaican/Reggae music..... the only 'happy' downside to that, hearing so many things from different eras.......... and trying to keep up with/buy all the styles of Reggae :D

I like this kinda Konshens/Romain Virgo tune/video you posted BMC...... lots of energy --- and the video suuure don't hurt, well done! The only thing that really hurts is seeing this gal and not being there to dance with her :P :P :x

What I also dig about songs like this - it's not sappy or too poppy and it doesn't have to be extra-hard/badass to work either. With that said, the Romain/Konshens is probably my favorite cut of the riddim, that I'd really want. But great thing about 'this' music, there's still a list of artists that could jump on this type of riddim and really have a go at it...

Thanks for postin' this one up BMC - nuff entertainment :wink:
riddleithat

Return to General discussion