Outdoor sound events - London and beyond

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Outdoor sound events - London and beyond

Postby jb welda » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I was wondering if that was don letts there. (good catch on the cd on the turntable!) something about him, he was always connected to the art scene and every photo I have seen of him is pretty much Art, with a capital "A". that photo is very dramatic and very far from the normal reggae photo in composition and lighting. great shot, staged I suppose now that I see the cd, but at first I thought it a random shot of fine artistry.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby dan i dubdub » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 pm

@rasadam - nice share from Coney Island. Those events look fun, some major DJs in action on the mic, special.
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby mikus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:37 pm

zero roots at Splash - whats up with that? where's the petition....... (still had fun, though had to break out the dancehall shuffle :shock: )
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
mikus

Postby Ringo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:07 pm

mikus wrote:zero roots at Splash - whats up with that? where's the petition....... (still had fun, though had to break out the dancehall shuffle :shock: )

I only passed by for a while around 3:30pm but the sound near Argos was playing a bit of roots. Don't know who it was, seemed to be DJ's on rotation, previously it had been Wassie One's spot but I didn't see him.

The other sounds were playing bashments greatest hits, often in 25 second segments with lots of shouting....ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
Purple Radio - Every other Wednesday 6:30 - 8pm http://www.purple-radio.co.uk

Archive of old shows http://www.crytough.com/purple.html
Ringo

Postby mikus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Ringo wrote:
mikus wrote:zero roots at Splash - whats up with that? where's the petition....... (still had fun, though had to break out the dancehall shuffle :shock: )

I only passed by for a while around 3:30pm but the sound near Argos was playing a bit of roots. Don't know who it was, seemed to be DJ's on rotation, previously it had been Wassie One's spot but I didn't see him.

The other sounds were playing bashments greatest hits, often in 25 second segments with lots of shouting....ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

ha yeah, dont know who it was outside Shaza fried chicken/corner of coldharbour and atlantic, but that was were i pitched up for the day - djs went through reggae, ragga, house, garage, grime, jungle, rnb/rap, and some of that US trap or somekind of 808 based stuff - i was impressed how many people knew the words to those - anyhow, entertaining enough, had a lot of fun, but roots should really be at the roots of Splash!
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
mikus

Postby MulatuAstatke » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Yea what is that about doing the 30sec rotation thing even with roots. Regularly get lectured by old timers about the younger generation not playing tunes long enuff (which we don't) then doing it themselves..
MulatuAstatke

Previous

Return to General discussion