TUNE IDS from Garance Festival

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

TUNE IDS from Garance Festival

Postby jamdung » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Greets b & f, I just got back from Garance Festival with a whole heap of tune ids needed. Figured the best thing to do would be to put them all into one post and hope for the best. Bare in mind that some of the descriptions are a bit vague because I was writing the lyrics into my phone whilst the tune was playing so inevitably missed some bits out or got some words wrong etc. Any response would be much appreciated. Anyways:

1) Singer was definitely Junior Murvin and it sounded like a deep heavy old time roots tune: 'buy me a big car / one day i will be a superstar / playing my guitar / my mum told me keep trying and one day i will reach the top.'

2) Blackboard Jungle played this tune, quite fast paced roots tune: 'why you trying to keep me down / living and be clean me bredrin / know what i mean to live in this time / (CHORUS) you can run you can run you can run but you can't hide from the destruction that is after you'

3) This is a very vague and unhelpful description but it was a deep roots tune, chorus going: 'We a go chant down babylon / we a go chant down the wicked man.'

4) Another very deep old time roots tune: 'they need a helping hand / look at the youts in the ghetto / look at the youts in the ghetto / nights and day they are roaming the street / they neeeeeeed a helping hand'.

5) the chorus to this one simply went: 'bridge the gap / between the rich and poor / bridge the gap between the rich and poor.'

Anyone happen to know any of these.

Many thanks
jamdung

Re: TUNE IDS from Garance Festival

Postby ephteeay » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:03 pm

2. Dennis Hamilton - Destruction ?
3. Sylford Walker - Chant Down Babylon ?
4. Gilly Buchanan - Ghetto Youths ?
5. Jimmy Riley - Bridge The Gap ?
ephteeay

Postby jamdung » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:18 pm

wow! spot on with each one. thought that was gonna take a long time. many many many thanks

big up
jamdung

Postby dan i dubdub » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Could be wrong but sounds like the Junior Murvin is from his Bad Man Possee LP with Mikey Dread. Used to have it on tape, so going purely from memory here :)
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby minidub » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:23 pm

yes dan i dubdub. it's a tune called "guitar" from the badman possee LP/ killer tune.

m.
minidub

Return to General discussion