favourite sizzla tunes ?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQKFvkGZWM

this is the one i'm talking about...
Living Bate
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:31 pm
Location: Cardiff City

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby BMC » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:26 am

Living Bate wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQKFvkGZWM

this is the one i'm talking about...



Yep, me too, this was a single on the Kalonji label in 2006 (which I have) and is the one on The Messiah. I do have another 45 of a Chant Them Down by Sizzla from the same year on In The Streetz label, Street Swing riddim, which is a good tune, but not like Chant Dem Down on Kalonji.
BMC
 
Posts: 3268
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:24 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby Apostle » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:51 am

BMC wrote:
Living Bate wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQKFvkGZWM

this is the one i'm talking about...



Yep, me too, this was a single on the Kalonji label in 2006 (which I have)


If anyone knows where to source a copy of that particular 7 inch, I'd be very happy with some help. Have been looking for it for a while but it seems almost impossible to find a copy somewhere.
Apostle
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby Reggie Love » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:32 am

my mistake then. I didn't realise it was the same one. I remember rodigan playing the single but thought it was different to the one on Messiah.
Reggie Love
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:33 am
Location: London

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:46 am

yeh I remember seeing Chant Dem Down on a 45 in a record shop around the time I first heard the Kalonji tune....

so disappointed it was the Street Swing thing....
Living Bate
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:31 pm
Location: Cardiff City

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby jah_vaults » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Living Bate wrote:
jah_vaults wrote:babylon ah play drought killer 1997 unreleased sizzla listen to the lyrics keenly pon youtube


listening to that tune keenly I think its meant to be draughts not drought......

no mention of a lack of water, but in draughts the black v the whites.....makes much more sense...

bless living bate you are right about the title. Was this tune released pon a cd?
jah_vaults
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm

-

Postby osafe » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:21 pm

-
Last edited by osafe on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
osafe
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:35 pm

jah_vaults wrote:
Living Bate wrote:
jah_vaults wrote:babylon ah play drought killer 1997 unreleased sizzla listen to the lyrics keenly pon youtube


listening to that tune keenly I think its meant to be draughts not drought......

no mention of a lack of water, but in draughts the black v the whites.....makes much more sense...

bless living bate you are right about the title. Was this tune released pon a cd?



i don't think it was ever released officially on any format....

maybe some test pressings floating about for stupid money though,.....
Living Bate
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:31 pm
Location: Cardiff City

Re: favourite sizzla tunes ?

Postby Reggie Love » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFMQ0tYpFLQ

Another great more recent tune, Gwaan Bear. Recalling when one pair of shoes used to serve him for a year.
Reggie Love
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:33 am
Location: London

Previous

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests